This scholarship program is designed for biologists who want to improve their abilities to work with massive data sets produced by the life sciences. Applications are now being accepted for the UQ Scholarship in Quantitative Biology, which is entirely financed by the University of Queensland.
Nevertheless, you are not required to have any prior knowledge of programming, computer science, or statistics. You can enroll in biology basic courses if you have a background in math or data analytics.
UQ Scholarship in Quantitative Biology 2023
Brisbane, the Australian state of Queensland, is home to the University of Queensland’s main campus. It is a public research university that the Queensland Parliament founded in 1909. Among the six Sandstone universities, UQ is recognized as one of the oldest institutions in each state.
This fellowship was founded in 2020, and it is administered by The University of Queensland’s School of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science. For students to acquire a special set of abilities that merges biology with data science, a field that is growing in demand in the public, private, and academic sectors.
Benefits of the UQ Scholarship
UQ scholarship will give you the confidence you need to fully immerse yourself in and profit from university life.
A stipend worth 70,296 AUD is available per year through the UQ Scholarship in Quantitative Biology 2023.
Requirements for this Scholarship
To qualify to apply for this scholarship, all prospective candidates must meet up with the following requirements:
- Students who have received unconditional acceptance to pursue full-time studies in the Master of Quantitative Biology program at the University of Queensland and who meet the selection criteria are eligible for this scholarship, whether they are domestic or international students.
- The grant is intended for both freshly admitted students and those who have successfully finished the first semester of the Master of Quantitative Biology program.
- Candidates for this scholarship must not have already earned a suitable postgraduate degree.
Here are the eligibility criteria for one to be eligible:
- UQ will conduct an extensive assessment to choose the scholarship awardees, taking the following aspects into account:
- Academic success (evaluated based on the academic records submitted during the admission application).
- Possibility of achieving exceptional results in the course and across the board in the scientific community (evaluated based on the personal statement provided as part of the scholarship application).
How to Apply
Follow the step provided below to apply for the UQ Scholarship 2023:
- Simply go to the Online Application Portal of the UQ Scholarship and click the “Apply Now” button.
- Then fill out the application form for the scholarship and submit your application.
- UQ should receive all international applications before the deadline. Use a recognized UQ agent in your nation if that’s what you would like to do.
- The Master of Quantitative Biology program code is 5716.
- There are several different durations for this curriculum. As long as you meet the admission requirements, you are eligible to apply for any period.
- Choose your preferred duration when applying. We will automatically evaluate you for admittance into a longer term if you don’t meet the standards for your initial selection.
The UQ scholarship application is currently ongoing. Haven mentioned that it is recommended that all applications from interested applicants must be submitted before the deadline.
What is a Graduate Diploma in Quantitative Biology?
You will acquire programming, statistical and mathematical modeling, machine learning, high-performance computing, data visualization, and communication skills in the Graduate Diploma in Quantitative Biology.
Does the University of Queensland Give Scholarships for International Students?
Science International Scholarships
Yes, it gives supports exceptional international students beginning undergraduate or graduate science programs at UQ.
How Much is the UQ Scholarship?
Candidates for a UQ Excellence Scholarship must have an ATAR of at least 99.00 (or an equivalent score). The UQ Excellence Scholarship is worth $6,000 a year and is payable for up to 4 years, provided that the student continues to meet the requirements for eligibility as outlined in the scholarship guidelines.
What are Quantitative Biology Skills?
For the biological study, quantitative abilities are essential. The computational, statistical, and mathematical methods needed to research life and living things, as well as big data, transparency, and scientific reproducibility, are included in our list of these talents.
What Does a Quantitative Biologist Do?
While studying biological processes at various organizational sizes, such as molecules, cells, animals, populations, and ecological communities, quantitative biologists look for patterns in the underlying laws that control such processes.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- ICL Stevenson Fund International Scholarship -APPLY NOW!
- University of Queensland Postgraduate Scholarship – APPLY NOW!
- University of Kent Bachelor Scholarship – APPLY NOW!
- SILT Thailand Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- NIIT Nigeria Scholarship Scheme – APPLY NOW!