Facebook is a social media platform for making new friends, sharing photos, and joining interest groups which are usually very exciting but some people enjoy much more than the fun on Facebook. They start a business and make money through the Facebook marketplace.
Marketplace on Facebook is a feature where users buy and sell. It is an online space that makes shopping easy because you can find both used and new items to buy from people that are close to you.
Here, you can see their Facebook profile, mutual friends, and seller ratings so you can easily feel less anxious with every purchase.
Are you looking for how to sell your old and new clothes, household appliances, and other stuff on Facebook? Then look no further, this article is for you as we will be teaching you how to make money online via the Facebook marketplace.
How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
To sell your items on the Facebook marketplace is completely free so you have nothing to worry about. Facebook waits for you to make a sale before charging you a 5% for-sale fee. Other times when your sale is under $8 Facebook charges you $0.40. below is how to sell on the Facebook marketplace.
Create an Account
- To begin you must first of all have a Facebook account so if you don’t have one now is the right time to create a Facebook account and make it active.
- Once you have an active Facebook account the next thing is to set up your Facebook marketplace account.
- To create a Facebook marketplace account, go to your Facebook homepage, on the right side you will see a “marketplace” icon. click on it.
- Fill in the necessary information like your profile picture so that your prospective buyers will see your information and consider it safe enough to buy from you.
Items to Sell
You can sell anything on Facebook Marketplace, look closely at the marketplace, and find out what others are selling, if you have similar things you do not need anymore, it is best to start from there. If you are further confused then you can check out the list of Facebook marketplace categories.
This is the full list of Facebook marketplace categories
- Property rentals.
- Free stuff.
- Garden and outdoor.
- Home goods.
- Home sales.
- Musical instruments.
- Office supplies.
- Pet supplies.
- Sporting goods.
- Toys and games.
Facebook marketplace is for everyone because there is always a category for everyone to get into.
Now that you have discovered the category you fall into, probably you want to go into selling toys. You should not just start without doing research on toys in the market to find out how well toys are doing in the market.
Find out how many people also sell toys and how well people respond to them, does it make sales?
To know this, search for toys and you will see if it is available or sold out. If the number sold is quite impressive, this tells you that toys are doing well in the market and you will make a good profit from it.
You can get toys from your home or from local offline stores, you can also get toys from Amazon.
At this point you are sure of what you want to sell after your properly carried out research, the next step is to begin selling. How do you do this?
- Bring out your smartphone and log on to Facebook.
- Access the marketplace icon and click on it.
- Click on sell/selling.
- Proceed to create a listing by choosing your product, price, location, other information, and the category it falls under. Make sure your listing includes all the necessary words so that your product can always show up whenever they search for a similar product.
- Ensure you go through it again to confirm your price and other information.
- Then you go ahead to publish.
- After publishing, you get ready to answer your prospective customers, do business, and make money because your product is now on sale on the Facebook marketplace.
What Are The Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook has millions of users all over the world and is the best online space to do business and
Thrive in it. Below are some benefits of selling on Facebook Marketplace.
Large Target Audience
One benefit of selling on the Facebook marketplace is the fact that it gives you the opportunity to trade in a market with a very large audience who have access to your product from anywhere in the world. With billions of active users, Facebook gives you a good advantage when it comes to business.
No Listing Fees
For Facebook Marketplace there are no listing fees for some other marketplaces out there on the net. What this implies is that you can post as many of your products as you want and not be charged for them.
Smooth Business Communication
Business between seller and buyer is so smooth and swift on Facebook Marketplace because of the Facebook messenger that is part of the features of the business. You can respond to questions about your products and negotiate prices via Facebook Messenger without actually leaving the application.
Facebook marketplace does not restrict businessmen and women to only one brand or one item to sell.
With the Facebook marketplace, you can sell anything you want no matter how odd so long as you believe you can sell them then you can list it for sale.
Helps to build a Name
After every purchase, customers have an opportunity to make or mar you by leaving good or bad reviews on your page. If you have integrity and sell good products they will help publicize you and tell anyone who cares to listen how good your product is. This can help build trust for future buyers and help to expand your business.