You can apply now for Netherlands scholarships for International Students this 2024 academic year. This scholarship is basically designed for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to complete their bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands. Read on to find out what you need to apply for scholarships in the Netherlands.
The Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, in collaboration with a number of research universities and applied scientific universities in the country, is funding this scholarship. Up to € 5,000 scholarship will be awarded. This will be given to you throughout your first year of study. Note that this is not a complete scholarship for tuition.
Full list of Research Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences Participating 2024-2025 Scholarship Program
Every year, a new list of participating universities is added to this program. The Dutch research universities and universities of applied science taking part in the Netherlands scholarships for International Students for the 2024–2025 academic year are listed in the summary below.
Research Universities participating include:
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Wageningen University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University Kampen
Universities of Applied Sciences participating include:
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Design Academy Eindhoven
- Driestar educatief
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
Benefits of this Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship program include payment for books, health insurance, tuition, books, and the expense of traveling abroad.
To be eligible for this scholarships applicant must meet to with following scholarships:
- Applicant must not be an EEA citizen.
- When applying, candidate must submit an application to one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- He or she must fulfill the particular prerequisites of the university of your choosing. These are available on the institution’s website.
- Furthermore, you don’t need hold a degree from a Dutch educational institution.
How to Apply
- You can visit the URL: https://www.studyinnl.org/finances/nl-scholarship#about-this-scholarship If you are interested in this scholarship program.
- On the website of the school, you want to apply to, you can find the precise deadlines as well as the topics of study for this academic year.
- Furthermore, applying does not require taking the IELTS or any other English language test.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2024–2025 school year. Please verify the deadline(s) on the application page of the university you wish to apply to.
Can I stay in Netherlands after study?
Absolutely, as a non-EEA national who has finished your studies or research project in the Netherlands, you can be qualified to apply for a resident permit known as the “orientation year.”
Can I go Netherlands without IELTS?
Without taking the IELTS, you can opt to enroll in bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD programs in the Netherlands.
Is it easy to get scholarship to Netherland?
Majority of people believe that scholarships to study in the Netherlands are exclusively awarded to the most exceptional students. However, almost half of all overseas students enrolled in Dutch universities are successful applicants for scholarships.
Is Netherlands cheap for international students?
Yes, of course. In fact, compared to other nations like the US or the UK, studying in the Netherlands is not that expensive. Dutch higher education is subsidized by the government. Thus, tuition is relatively inexpensive.