The Netflix Scholarship 2023 which is also known as GOBELINS is now offering new scholarship/grants opportunities for African animators.
Netflix grows creative and GOBELINS is offering a Six Master scholarship for students who are from the African region for the September 2023 intake as a part of their joint efforts for increasing the pipeline of new Animation talent that are in Africa.
This two-year English-taught course aims to prepare students for an employment career, especially in directing and storytelling in an international environment. Along with writing, storyboarding, and complicated animation (mixed techniques, interactive characters) tasks, learners take part in an ending film with a flexible theme that is produced in conditions resembling a work environment.
About the Netflix Scholarship
For the course of study in 2022, Netflix encourages students to apply for their Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF). In order to operate the scholarship scheme, Tshikululu Social Investments, a social investment fund manager, is working with Netflix.
The scholarship will be given for a full year of enrollment at one of the partner colleges and universities in subjects with a focus on television and film (either the last year of high school or the initial year of graduate study).
Through their Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF), which will offer aid to African creatives in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region, Netflix is willing to award US$1 million (about R15 million). Students may finish their postsecondary education in areas having a focus on television and film thanks to the CESF.
Before applying, candidates must satisfy the minimum admission criteria listed below (please note that if you fail to satisfy all of these requirements, your request for admission won’t be considered):
- Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, or Zimbabwe nationality is required.
- One has to be a Matric graduate.
- You must be pursuing or thinking about doing coursework toward a degree in film or television.
- In 2023, you will be beginning the first semester of graduate school or your final year of college.
- If you plan to enroll in graduate school in 2023, you must have finished your undergraduate degree between 2019 and 2021.
- Applicants need to have received an overall average of at least 60% for all previous studies. You have to be enrolled in or are thinking about enrolling in, one of these accredited institutions.
- Demonstrate a need for money.
- You are prohibited from receiving other financial support or bursaries.
- AACA Acting and Film School.
These are the required documents that you need to have for you to successfully apply for the scholarship.
The acting and film schools are listed here below:
- Cambridge Media House
- Peninsula of Cape Varsity at the University of Technology
- Durban Tshwane University of Technology College of Technology
- College of Cape Town
- School of Johannesburg
- School of KwaZulu-Natal
- College of Pretoria
- Witwatersrand University
These documents are required of every individual that will wish to apply for this scholarship.
- Identity card (certified copy)
- High school diploma (certified copy)
- Full academic history, including the most recent results, on letterhead from the university for current undergraduates.
- Students who have earned an undergraduate degree: an official transcript (on the letterhead of the university)
- Proof of enrollment and/or admission at one of the aforementioned qualified tertiary institutions
- Additional supporting materials for your submission are optional.
- Essay 1: a maximum of 500 words about you, your family, and your upbringing
- Essay 2 (maximum 500 words): Explain why you wish to study the curriculum you have chosen and how you envision your education advancing your career.
- Essay 3 (maximum 500 words): Why should we choose you for the Netflix Scholarship?
How to Apply for a Scholarship
If you would wish to apply for the scholarship, kindly visit the official web page https://www.gobelins-school.com/registration-process
Does Netflix give out Scholarships?
The scholarship fund is a component of the global Netflix Creative Equity Fund, which was established in 2021 and will be distributed to various initiatives over the following five years in an effort to build a robust, diversified global pipeline of creatives.
How to apply for Netflix Scholarship?
Copies of the certificate, transcript, and proof of enrolment for 2022. In support of their scholarship application, candidates will also be required to provide a letter of recommendation from a mentor, professor, or trainer.
What is the Netflix undergraduate scholarship?
The scholarship fund will pay for tuition, housing, books, and other living expenses at particular partner schools in Nigeria where recipients have been approved to pursue programs of study in television and film during the academic year 2022–2023.
Can Netflix pay to watch movies?
Did you realize that doing it may earn you money? In 2023, you might be able to get money by merely streaming your favorite television episodes and motion pictures. This is how it goes. Netflix will collaborate with a number of market research companies.