The NCB Foundation is now accepting applications from qualified students which fully funds NCB Scholarships.
This is an excellent opportunity for students studying full-time undergraduate tertiary programs at a regionally accredited university to be eligible for our scholarships and grants. Scholarship and grant money pay for tuition, on-campus housing, and textbooks.
NCB Scholarships 2023 for Jamaican Students
The NCB Foundation promotes education as one of its strategic goals and provides individualized financial support to students through its Grants and Scholarships program. Students enrolled in local educational institutions at all grade levels are included in this program.
An extraordinary sum of more than $40 million is set aside for this purpose for the forthcoming school year 2022-2023. Qualified candidates will be given financial aid that falls under one of two categories: traditional programs or non-traditional programs.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The NCB Scholarships Applications for Jamaican Students provide several advantages, which are divided into the following categories:
Conventional Categories for Scholarships for Local Students:
National Champion: For the duration of their academic program, the top two parish champions who are pursuing university education will each get a prize of $500,000.
Parish Champion: During the duration of their program of study, each parish champion who is pursuing tertiary education will get a grant of $250,000.
Students at the tertiary, secondary, and primary levels may receive a maximum one-time aid of up to $50,000 through the We Believe in You Fund. This financial assistance is meant to help students pay for their tuition, housing, or school supplies.
Grant for Teacher Education: Students pursuing courses in the following fields are eligible for grants ranging from $50,000 to $100,000.
Book Grant: Children in the primary through sixth grades are eligible for grants for books that cost $5,000 to $15,000 each.
The Non-Conventional Category provides the following advantages for Local Students:
Gold: The only recipients of this $250,000 scholarship are tertiary-level students. It pays for their tuition, housing costs, and other associated charges.
Silver: The Silver category offers grants totaling $150,000 to tertiary students. Also, this award pays for their tuition, housing costs, and other related charges.
Bronze: The Bronze category offers tertiary students up to $100,000 in scholarships.
Their ability to pay their tuition, lodging charges, and other necessary expenses is made possible by this financial assistance.
Requirements for NCB Scholarships
All interested applicants for the NCB Scholarships The following qualifying requirements must be met to apply to Jamaican students:
- Be a citizen of Jamaica.
- Be enrolled as a primary or secondary student at the primary or secondary level in a local educational institution OR have a letter of acceptance from an eligible undergraduate degree program offered in Jamaica or a regional campus of the University of the West Indies.
- Be a first-year university student between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Keep your full-time enrollment for the duration of the program, as necessary.
- Convey a need for financial assistance.
- Get a GPA of at least 3.3.
- The fellowship also intends to encourage female applications and increase the participation of men, notably in the fields of engineering and computer science.
Only students from Jamaica are eligible to apply for the NCB Scholarships. So, students from other countries are not eligible.
How to Apply
The following is the step to take to submit your application for this scholarship:
- To apply for the 2023 NCB scholarship, simply go to their online application portal at com.
- On the next page, just click on “Apply Now” under scholarship grants.
- Then follow the on-screen process to submit your application for the scholarship.
- After a while, you will receive an email if selected for the scholarship.
The organization have not release the deadline for the scholarship. However, applications are currently open for submission for the 2023 Scholarships.
How Do I Get an NCB Letter?
Send us a letter letting us know that you wish to cancel the insurance and that you require the NCB certificate. Submit all the documents listed in the preceding section (required for getting the NCB certificate). We will send you the NCB certificate once everything has been verified by both us and the insurance provider.
How Do I Check My NCB Status?
You can speak with your insurance company or review your policy paperwork to determine your NCB for auto insurance. Your NCB, which ranges from 20% to 50% depending on how many years you have gone without filing a claim, is often reflected in the premium you pay for the following policy period.