A public benefit company entitled MPOWER works to minimize costs for foreign students attending universities in the US and Canada. MPOWER offers monthly scholarships to worthy international students who are studying for higher education in these nations is a way that accomplish this objective.
The purpose of the MPOWER monthly scholarships is to assist international students with the payment of tuition, books, and other associated costs.
Through this program, MPOWER collaborates with a limited number of institutions and colleges to decide which students are qualified and to give them the money they require to keep up their education. However, continue reading this blog for more enlightenment on this topic.
- Organization – Mpower Financing
- Course Level – Undergraduate and Graduate Degree
- Award – Total up to $4,000
- Access means – Online
- Nationality – International
- Places of availability – US and Canada
- International students are available.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in an undergraduate and graduate degree subject provided by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Before you can be eligible you must meet all the following/given criteria:
- They must be admitted to, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- International students are permitted to study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable lawfully:
For study in the U.S., it means that the individuals who wish to apply must meet one of these criteria:
- Has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S., or
- Is protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- To study in Canada, you must meet the following criteria.
- Must have a valid Canadian study permit.
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to apply for this scholarship:
All students must complete an online application form to start the application procedure.
Supporting Documents: All candidates have to upload the required application components such as:
- Student visa
- Green Card holder (permanent resident) status
- DACA recipient status
- Letter of recommendation
Admission Requirements: Before you can successfully apply for this grant, you need to have previous studies certificates. All applicants must have good knowledge of the English language.
Then visit the official web platform, scroll to the bottom of the page, fill in the required information in the right boxes, and click the APPLY NOW button.
Who Is Eligible for MPower?
If you are an undergraduate or graduate student within the first two years of graduating, or if you plan to start a one- or two-year program.
You may be eligible for an MPOWER loan to finance your education. A foreign student, a DACA beneficiary, a citizen of the United States, a refugee, or an asylum applicant.
How Does MPower Student Loan Work?
Up until graduation, payments will be just interest with an additional six months of grace. The 120-month repayment plan is used to figure out the remaining months of payback.
There is never a grace period used, all payments are made on schedule, and no principal is paid in advance.
Does MPower Require a Collateral?
For instance, MPOWER Financing offers foreign student loans without requiring collateral or a cosigner to students.
Applying for a loan in the amount of between US$2,001 and US$100,000 will enable you to secure a fixed interest rate for the duration of the loan.
Which Countries Support MPower?
Which degree programs are supported by you? Prospective students looking to obtain certificates, diplomas, or graduate or undergraduate degrees in the US or Canada may obtain support from MPOWER.