Facebook is an awesome place to be social without actually being social. The social media platform has slowly crept into every part of our lives as we tend to get information about our loved ones as well as share information about our loved ones through the platform.
However, Facebook’s other side of the coin makes it a platform for stalkers and scammers. Stalkers make Facebook tiring, they go through your profile and download your photos to their gallery, and they are always in your DMS sending unnecessary messages and making unsolicited video calls and voice calls.
For privacy-conscious users, Facebook allows them to lock their profiles, this is locking the stalkers out of their profiles.
This feature helps curb these disturbing scenarios and that is the Facebook profile lock, this article will show you how to use the feature to avoid stalkers and scammers on Facebook.
Facebook Profile Lock
Facebook introduced this as a safety feature popularly known as profile lock, it allows users to lock their profiles.
With this feature, your profile cannot be accessed by anyone who is not on your friend list. Facebook users not on your friend list cannot look into, share, or download your profile photos and other uploaded photos.
Once a user locks their profile, people not on their friend list have very limited access, they will not be able to even zoom into their profile photo or photos, this includes both old and new photos.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on a Mobile Device
Here is a step-by-step guide for locking your Facebook profile on your Android devices:
Go to your Facebook app on your mobile device and click on your profile.
Click on the three-dot icon by “Add to Story”.
From the options displayed, find and click on “Lock Profile”.
On the lock profile page, click on the “Lock your profile” button to confirm.
If you followed the steps accurately, you have successfully locked your profile.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on a Browser
Here is a step-by-step guide for locking your Facebook profile on your desktop browser:
Go to facebook.com on your browser.
Log into your account if you have not already logged in.
Navigate to your profile.
Click on the three-dot menu.
Click on the “Lock Profile” option from the options displayed.
Step 7: Proceed to click on the “Lock your Profile” button to confirm.
If you followed the steps, you have successfully locked your profile.
Facts about Locking Your Profile
Once you lock your Profile, certain things will happen, below are some of the significant ones to bear in mind:
- There will be a lock sign on your profile, which will be visible to those not on your friend list, restricting them from accessing you but your friends have unlimited access to your photos, posts, profile, cover images, and profile photos.
- The lock feature also automatically turns on the timeline review and tag review which means those not on your friend list need your permission to tag you on their posts.
- The lock feature also changes the posts that were previously shared with the general public to friends. This means those not on your friend list can no longer access your old posts.
- The lock feature hides a portion of your “About” info from people, not on your friend list.
- Your profile image cannot be seen, shared, or downloaded by any individual, not on your friend list.
- Your message settings are also included, through the lock feature you can restrict users not on your friend list from sending you messages.
Is Facebook Profile Lock Feature Important?
This Facebook lock profile feature will reduce the ability of stalkers to abuse the Facebookplatformand hackers from stealing people’s accounts.
Can I Unlock my Facebook Profile?
Yes, Facebook gives you the option to unlock your profile whenever you wish to, simply click on the three-dot menu on your profile and click on the unlock profile option, to confirm click on unlock profile and you would have successfully unlocked your profile.
Why can’t I access the Facebook Profile Lock on my Account?
Facebook profile lock is not available for some countries, you probably reside in one of those countries. However, you can change your country to one in which the feature is available.
Why is Facebook Profile Lock Not Available on iPhone?
This feature is not available on iPhones because of the IOS app tracking transparency which is essential for the user’s privacy and security.
With the app installed on the iPhone, the Facebook profile lock feature will not be found on iPhone.
Will a locked Facebook account be deleted?
It is important to unlock your account for some time after locking it for a while because if you do not unlock your account after one year, it may be deleted by Facebook to curb the probability of the account being used for wrong conduct.
- How to Delete Facebook Pag
- How to Delete Your Facebook Account: Complete Guide
- When Did Facebook Come Out
- How to Log Out of Facebook
- How to Post on Facebook