Facebook is a social media platform for making new friends, sharing photos, and joining exciting groups, which are usually thrilling. However, Facebook noticed its users buying and selling from each other through their interest groups, upgraded the business sector, and created a Facebook marketplace feature.
Marketplace on Facebook is a shopping mall-like feature connecting users with products they want to buy or sell. If you wish to sell items on Facebook Marketplace, you must list them. This article will give you a step-by-step process for listing your items on the Facebook marketplace.
How to List Products on Facebook Marketplace
You list your products so that other users can see them on the Marketplace, Newsfeed, and other places on Facebook.
Follow this step-by-step process on how to list your products.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click on Marketplace.
- It will take you to a menu.
- Click on Create a new listing.
- You will see three listing types to choose from: items for sale, vehicles for sale, and property for sale or rent.
- Choose the option the item you want to sell falls into; if it is not a car or a house, you should probably choose items for sale.
- Clicking items for sale will direct you to a page where you can select your product category.
- On this page, you must also provide a brief product description.
- Still, you fill in what you want to sell on the page.
- Set the price and your location.
- You can add at least ten products.
- Click next to proceed as you follow each step.
- After carefully doing the above, click on publish to publish the listing in the Marketplace.
If you have carefully followed these steps, congratulations! Your products will show up on the Facebook marketplace. You can proceed to sell by interacting with buyers interested in your products.
How do I See my Listings on Facebook Marketplace?
After you have successfully logged in, click on Marketplace. On the leftmost sidebar, you will see your account; click on it to see your listings.
How do I Boost Facebook Marketplace Listing Views?
Below are a few steps to aid you in increasing your views on your Facebook Marketplace listings:
- When listing your product, ensure that the descriptions on your product are quite detailed. Emphasize the relevant information you know your buyers will need to know about the item, like the size and color of the item.
- Do not post a blurred picture of the item you are selling. Ensure the picture quality is top-notch; you can achieve this by getting a good camera and downloading good editing applications. It will make your product very clear and catchy. Your products will stand out and attract buyers.
- To increase the visibility of your product, always share your listings on your Facebook page and in all the groups you belong to and with family and friends. The more people see your product, the more listing views you get.
- Ensure your price is fair because buyers will surely do their research and find out your competitor’s price. Do your research, understand what other sellers charge, and try to fit your price accordingly. A fair price will attract buyers, which will, in turn, increase listing views.
- Buyers are usually impatient when they want to get a product, so ensure you are always online to respond swiftly to their questions about your products. Quick responses help to increase the chance of closing sales.
Are all Products Allowed for Listing?
Not all products are allowed for listing in the Facebook marketplace. Items such as weapons, animals, drugs, alcohol, and the like are usually not permitted. You cannot list them on Facebook Marketplace. If you decide to list them, your account could be blocked. You can visit the platform guidelines to know what should not be for sale on the Marketplace.
How do I Add Tags on Facebook Marketplace Listings?
To add tags on Facebook Marketplace, follow these basic steps
- Navigate your way to “Create New Listing” on Marketplace.
- After filling in the necessary details.
- Scroll down to the “Add Tags” and click on it.
- Add strong words that describe your item well; Facebook will suggest popular tags as you type.
- To add tags, click on “Add”.
What do I Need to do Before I can List my Products?
Things should be in place before listing your product on Facebook Marketplace.
- All you need to start is to have an active Facebook account.
- Get your products ready.
- Ensure you have a good camera.
- You should have an editing application on your phone.
- A fully charged and subscribed phone for swift responses.
How can I Edit my Listing on Facebook Marketplace?
You can always edit your listing on Facebook Marketplace, the details of the product, your location, or whatever you may choose to edit by doing the following:
- From your profile, click Marketplace.
- By the left menu, click on selling.
- Click your listings.
- Be sure to click on the listing you want to edit.
- Click edit listing.
- Edit and click update.
- How to Buy Items on Facebook Marketplace
- How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
- Delete a Picture on Facebook from Your Desktop or Mobile Device
- How to Change Your Profile Picture on Facebook
- How to See Hidden Friends on Facebook