Dropbox is a home for all, that wish to save more files for work, and as you read further you will get more information on How to Use Dropbox. You can be able to store and then share files, bring the best ideas to life, and collaborate on projects.
whether you are working with other colleagues or clients or even when you are working alone, then this software is the right choice for you. This blog explains more about How to Use Dropbox, all you just need to do is to read through this blog carefully to be enlightened.
How to Use Dropbox
Dropbox offers users access to be able to back up all their files to the cloud and available online. You can have easy access to save, share, and access important kinds of stuff from anywhere at any time, on any device. It only takes a few minutes just to grasp and manage your data like a pro.
This cloud saving for files is an excellent cloud storage service for those people that are looking to save space and files from multiple locations. Using this platform is very straightforward and it comes with multiple benefits and features.
What is Dropbox
Dropbox’s explanation could be summarized as a file hosting service, it offers a Cloud Storage service. It is one of the oldest and most popular cloud storage services that is used by millions of people today, though there are many other alternatives, including Microsoft OneDrive, Box, Google Drive, and Sync.
When you might have subscribed to this platform, you are then allotted a certain amount of storage space in the online server which is known as The Cloud. After you might have installed the Dropbox application on your PC, mobile devices, or even both, any files that you store in Dropbox locally will be copied to the online server as well.
How to Add Files to Dropbox
Once you have an account, adding files to it is an easy and nice step to take, such as dragging and dropping files from your computer’s file system. Follow the steps below for you to be able to upload a file or folder from your computer to your Dropbox account.
- Enter the Dropbox official web page.
- Click on this link or you can just enter it on your web browser https://www.dropbox.com
- Sign into the application
- Click on the All Files
- Navigate to the folder where you would wish to save your file or folder.
- Click on the Upload option
- Then select Upload Files or Folder.
- Navigate to the correct file or folder that is in your computer file system.
- Then now you can now click on Open.
Add Files to Dropbox from the Computer
- You can easily drag ad then drop the files into the Dropbox folder on your computer.
- Or you can use the Save As menu option in most applications to save files directly to the folder.
Files that are in the application folder will automatically sync to dropbox.com, and to the Dropbox desktop or even mobile application on any device that you have connected to your account.
How to Add Files to Dropbox via Mobile App
Users can manually upload files, videos, and photos to their Dropbox account using the mobile application. The steps that you can follow to manually upload files on your mobile device will vary slightly and it is depending on the type of service that you are using.
Upload Via Android phone or Tablet
- Launch the Dropbox mobile application
- Open the folder where you would like to save files.
- Click on the + (plus) icon.
- Click on Upload Files.
- Find the files that you would want to upload
- Tap to select the for upload to Dropbox.
- Tap on the Upload
Upload Via iOS Phones
- Open the application on your iOS device
- Open the folder in which you would like to save your files.
- Click on the + icon
- Tap on Upload Files or
- Click on Upload File
- Then now you can just select Browse and sort out the file you would like to save.
- Choose the location where you would wish to save files into Dropbox.
- And finally, click on the Upload
What is Dropbox and how it Works?
This application is designed as an invisible application. It gives a folder on the computer that could automatically back up and then syncs your files across all your devices and also keeps them in the cloud so that you can access them from any computer anywhere.
How do I Send Files through Dropbox?
Sign in to Dropbox.com. Just Hover over the file or the folder that you would like to share and then click the share option (rectangle with the up arrow). Type the email, name, or group of the individual (or people) that you would wish to share with, and click to select from the results. NOTE: You can add as many people as you want.
What is the advantage of Dropbox?
if you do not want to pay for the service, Dropbox’s 2GB storage limits are particularly tightfisted, and then making it very difficult to use as an effective storage for large quantity files and other documents.
Is Dropbox free to Use?
If you need to store a few quantities of files for quick access or sharing, or you just want to try out Dropbox, you can get 2GB of space for free.
CHECK THESE OUT: