You probably might not know this but there is a dark mode on Snapchat. Now knowing this, you probably might want to Know How to turn on Snapchat Dark Mode. In this article, I would give you all the details that you need and more about how great Snapchat dark mode can be.
It is common for a lot of people to experience eye strain when they are making use of their phones at night, but the harsh blue lights that get emitted from the screen at the night can make it a bit hard for you to sleep in the night and even cause headaches and more. A lot of apps, websites, and smart devices are now offering dark mode as an alternative for you to get around this.
Snapchat Dark Mode on iOS and Android
While the Snapchat app that is found on iPhone includes a native option in other to enable or disable the dark theme, the settings also are missing from the Android app.
Now, it seems like tons of Android users have been searching for how to get the dark mode in Snapchat on their devices. And well, you would have to head to the right place. So, with all that stated, I would be stating for you the steps involved in how to turn on Snapchat Dark mode.
How to turn on Snapchat Dark Mode
Turning on your dark mode on both iOS and Android devices are quite different, so I would be stating the process for you one after the other. So without further ado, let’s go:
On iOS Devices
The steps involved in enabling Snapchat dark mode on iOS devices are easy to follow. The steps are stated below as follows:
- First, launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone device
- Then tap on the Bitmoji icon located at the top left section of the screen
- Click on the Settings icon on the top right corner
- Right under “My Account” Settings, tap on the “App Appearance”
- Under this menu, tap on the “Always dark” Option
With this, your dark mode would be turned on. you can even choose to set it to “match system”, which would match your iOS appearance settings.
On Android Devices
Unlike iOS devices, there are no in-app options available for you to enable Snapchat dark mode. We would be using a setting under the display settings of the phone to enable the dark mode. Unfortunately, these steps work only on OnePlus, Vivo, Realme, and Oppo.
- Launch the settings’
- Head over to “Display and Brightness”
- Then tap on “Dark Mode settings”
- After that, Tap on “Dark Mode for Third-party apps (Beta)”
- Scroll down and then enable the toggle found on Snapchat
- With this, the dark mode would be applied to your Snapchat app.
This method works only on the devices stated above. These steps might not work on other smartphones, but feel free to give them a try.
On Any Android Phone
This method would work on any other Android smartphones aside from Oppo, OnePlus, and Vivo. The steps include:
- Launch the settings
- Then head to “About Phone”
- After that scroll down and find “build number”
- Tap on the build number seven times continuously
- You would get a toast message that states “you are now a developer”
- Head back to the settings
- Go to system and then tap on developer options
- After that scroll down and the find the “Override force dark” option
- Enable the option by turning on the toggle
- Once it has been enabled, your Snapchat app would be turned to the dark mode
Enabling the override force-dark mode would essentially invert the color scheme found on your phone and the apps on the phone will come with dark with the bright text.