How to transfer data from Airtel to Airtel. Airtel is one of the leading service providers in Nigeria, offering its customers the option to sell, buy, and transfer data from one person to another. It is very easy to transfer data from Airtel to Airtel.
This article provides an easy guide to do so.
How to Transfer Data from Airtel to Airtel
The thing is that Airtel Nigeria has made it simple to share your data with your family and friend who also use the network. Airtel allows its customers to transfer data from their remaining data allotment to another user using the Airtel Data “Me2U” commonly known as data Share.
One interesting thing about transferring data on Airtel is that there is no range constraint unlike hotspots, which require you to be close to the person with whom you are sharing the data.
Customers can share or transfer data from an existing data bundle to another person who uses this service provider just by dialing a few codes. For example, if you have a 1.5GB Monthly subscription you may send up to another Airtel customer who could simply be your friend, family member, or even another device.
All Airtel Prepaid and Postpaid customers who have an account have access to it. During the same period as the original data, the shared data expiry date will be valid.
In other words, if your friend purchased an Airtel 1GB plan on January 1st and shared some of that data with you, both of your subscriptions would expire on February 1st. (As the receiver).
How to Text Data Sharing on Airtel
Without accessing the internet, all Airtel customers have the option to transfer data using SMS. To do that, simply follow the instructions provided below:
- To start, check your data balance and top up your Airtel Data if needed.
- Then navigate to your Message Box and send “Share” to 121.
- Immediately, you will get a message from Airtel giving instructions on how to share your Data.
- Just follow the on-screen process. “SMS ADD” SPACE> Airtel mobile number> to 121.
- A confirmation message will be requested for sharing Airtel Data Balance.
- Then simply select “1” for confirmation.
- Now you can share your Airtel Data Balance with that particular number.
These are the steps to transfer data on Airtel using SMS. However, you could keep sharing your Airtel data balance until you cancel it.
How to Share Data on Airtel Via the Internet
To share Airtel Data over the internet, always make sure you have an active subscription. You can check your data balance on Airtel by simply dialing *123*11# on your mobile device.
After confirming you have sufficient “DATA,” follow the steps provided below to share it with another Airtel customer.
- Launch any of your web browsers and visit the Airtel website via the URL airtel. in/family.
- After that, you must enter your cell phone number together with your generated “Airtel PIN” or a one-time password that will be issued to you through SMS.
- Once done, enter the receiver’s phone number and confirm the recipient’s phone number to share your Airtel Data Balance.
- You can add up to four Airtel numbers at the same time.
- Finally, an SMS will be sent to you, once you have successfully added your friends or family to share your Airtel Data Balance.
Above are the steps to consider to share data on Airtel over the internet.
Creating An Airtel Data Sharing PIN
You can easily generate a pin for your data-sharing bundle to prevent data sharing and gifting. The procedure for how to create a pin for Airtel data transfer is as follows:
- The first time you access your data sharing or gifting, you must change your default pin to a different pin.
- By setting a pin, you can stop someone from sharing your Airtel data. To prevent unauthorized sharing of your data bundle.
How to Reset Airtel Transfer PIN
Follow the steps provided below to change your Airtel transfer pin:
- Just dial *141# from your Airtel line.
- Select the “Data gifting and sharing” option.
- Select the “Change PIN – Default PIN – 1234” option after that.
- Then simply enter your PIN, a four-digit number this is easy for you to remember.
- Enter the New PIN again to confirm and change your PIN.
Within a few seconds after doing that, you will be sent a message showing you have successfully changed your PIN.
How to Send 10MB Airtel Data
To send 10 MB of data to a friend or any other Airtel customer, follow the steps below:
- Simply dial 141712111Valid Airtel number#.
- Then, follow the on-screen process.
Note: you can only share data with prepaid mobile customers and you will be on every transaction of mobile data.
What is the PIN for Airtel data Transfer?
Simply dial the code *141#. Select option 6 (Data gifting and sharing), then enter your response. Respond by selecting option 1 (Change PIN – Default PIN -1234).
Can I Share Data from MTN with Airtel?
No! Of course not. After selecting “Share Data” a new menu with further data-sharing options. Then you can only choose the “Airtel to Airtel” data transmission option from the data sharing menu.
How Do I know my Airtel Number?
To do that, simply launch the Airtel mobile application. Enter *282# as the USSD Code. You will receive another flash message with your Airtel mobile number in a matter of seconds.
How Can I Know if Someone is Sharing My Airtel?
To find out which numbers are utilizing your data, you must call customer service at (121).
Can I Convert Data to Airtime on Airtel?
You can easily convert your data to airtime on Airtel using its mobile app. Follow the steps provided to convert your data:
- Firstly, you need to simply download the app and create an account before you may convert data to airtime.
- Next, copy the vendor’s phone number from the Data to Airtime tab on the app, then transmit the desired quantity of data to be converted to airtime.
- With the network provider’s particular transfer code, you can transfer data from Airtel using the code *141#.
- You will receive the airtime transferred to the phone number you provided when completing the conversion form once the data transfer has been confirmed.
ALSO, CHECK THESE OUT:
- How to Print from an iPhone Right Now
- How to Transfer Airtime from MTN to MTN
- How to Convert PDF to Word Right Now
- How to Check BVN on MTN Right Now
- How to Create a Whiteboard Doodle Video with Free Doodle Maker