Whether you are a new user of iOS or have a fresh email address, we are here to help. This blog gives detailed guidelines on How to Remove your Email Account on your iPhone.
These instructions apply only to iOS 12 and later, but the steps to follow for that are similar for all the recent versions of the Apple Mobile Operating System.
How to Remove Email Account on iPhone
The Apple Mail app is a versatile application that allows users to view all of their email accounts in just one place. Whenever you find yourself that you are no longer using an account, you can just remove it via the settings app on your iPhone.
Most users have multiple accounts which are personal accounts and work accounts. Apple Mail app allows you to be able to sync these together, which can be done on both email and Outlook, instead of downloading separate apps for each other.
On the other hand, if you want to deactivate an email account temporarily, then you have to the details screen for the account and turn off the Mail switch. When you want to activate that account later then you can just head back to the menu and turn the toggle on.
How to Remove an Email Account on an iPhone
Email Accounts accessed through the mail application are managed not from the mail, but from the iOS. So, for you to be able to add or remove an account, you will work through the Settings app, not from the mail.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down till you get to Mail, and click on it.
- Choose the Email Account that you would want to remove.
- Click on the Delete Account option
- Click on Delete Account for you to confirm or in other cases tap on Delete from my iPhone
These are the possible steps and information that you need to remove an email address on your iPhone.
How to Remove a Mail Account on iPhone
Follow the steps below to remove an email account from your iPhone:
- Launch the Settings app on iPhone
- Scroll down and click on Password & Accounts from the list of tabs.
- Here you will find your account details, including a list of email accounts that link and that can sync with Mail, Calendar apps, and Contacts.
- Click on the account that you would like to delete from the Accounts tab list. This will then bring out the email accounts detailed page, where you can be able to choose if to sync out sync it with other devices.
- Toggle off the Mail button for you to be able to remove the accounts from your Mail application, or you can tap on the red Delete Account text option that is at the bottom of the page and then confirm the deletion in the pop-up window to remove the account from your devices together.
I’m sure you might have deleted your Mail account from your iPhone using the steps provided above.
Why Can’t I delete my email on my iPhone?
Go to Settings > Account & Password > Account > Account > Advanced > Deleted Mailbox, and then under On Server tap the Trash folder so that it will get a tick against it. Then come out of that series of pop-ups by trapping on the relevant buttons that are at the end of them and see if you can now delete them.
How do I remove an email account from Apple ID?
Sign in to your applied.apple.com.
- Select the Personal Information
- Select the Reachable At
- Click on the Remove button that is next to the address, to delete your additional email address.
How do I remove a Gmail account from my iPhone app?
On your iPhone or your iPad.
- Open the Gmail
- Click on your Profile picture at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on Manage Accounts on this device
- Tap on the Remove From this Device
How do I Change the Account on my iPhone?
These are steps that you can use to change your Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad
- First, you have to launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Password & Accounts
- Click on the Add Account option
- Click on iCloud
- Now you have to enter the password that you are using in your Apple ID email and password to continue.
- Then select which service you would want to enable for this Apple ID.