If you might have created any document in Google Docs but do not know how to print it? Then there should be no worries because this article provides detailed guides on how to print from Google Docs in a few easy steps.
Google Docs is an online document or word processor that includes the free web-based Google Docs Editors suite that is made available by Google. Google Docs give users access to create or edit documents online while they are collaborating with other users in real-time.
How to Print from Google Docs
Google Docs is an excellent choice for any simple document creation. It gives users access to collaborate at once, and the files are stored in the cloud so that they can be accessed from any device anywhere. Google Docs might not have the full features of Microsoft Office, but it includes most of the essentials, which are the ability for it to print.
Steps to Print Google Docs on Computer
- Launch the Google Docs application on your computer.
- Open a Document.
- Choose your print settings in the window that appear.
- Click on the Print
NOTE: If you might have been in pageless documents, you can still be able to print. Though, your document may not appear otherwise in a broadcast window. Images would automatically alter to fit the page size. If your docs were earlier in page set-up and they include headers, watermarks, footnotes, or even footers, those elements will still be able to print, though you cannot see them in pageless docs.
How to Print from Google Docs on Android or iOS
To feature on Android devices is very simple to use compared to the Computer, in just some easy steps. These are the same steps that you can use on an iOS device. The steps for that are outlined here below so read and follow carefully:
- Launch Google Docs on your preferred Android device.
- Open the file that you would want to print.
- Click on the More
- Now you have to click on Share & Export.
- To proceed click on Print.
- At This point, you have to follow the instructions to select the Printer.
- Finally, click on Print.
Just as easy as that. These are the possible steps that you need to be able to print Documents files from Google Docs on any of your preferred Android devices.
How to Print from Google Docs on the Web
The features to print documents on Google Docs are not only available on the applications but also on the web. So, to print wirelessly from Google Docs, your printer must be connected to Wi-Fi connections.
- Visit the Google Docs web platform on your web browser through this link docs.google.com
- Click on File at the toolbar located at the top of the page.
- Click on the Print option in the drop-down menu.
- The Print window pop-up menu will open up and click on the drop-down that is next to Destination to select an available printer.
- If any printer nearby does not appear, then you have to click See More for you to find and choose a printer.
- Click on Next to continue.
- Now you have to click on the blue Print button at the bottom right corner of the page to Print.
Follow the above steps to successfully print from Google Docs on any of your preferred web browsers.
How to Change Page Setup
This is another nice feature that Google Docs made available for its users to be able to customize their documents’ page size, color, or orientation.
- Open the Google Docs app on your device.
- Open any Document that you would wish to customize.
- Click on the More option in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the Page Setup
- Select the settings of customization that you want for the page to change for example Orientation, Page Color, or even Paper Size.
- Make your changes to customize.
How to Change Document Layout when Printed
Users of Google Docs can be able to edit the file while in print layout mode for them to see how it will appear when it’s printed.
- Open Google Docs on your device.
- Enter any document that you want to change its layout after printing.
- Click on the More option at the top right of the page.
- Select the Print Layout and turn it on.
- Select the Edit
The steps that you can follow for your to change the layout of your document when printed.
Why can’t I print a document from Google Docs?
Follow these steps below if you are finding it difficult to print any document from Google Docs.
- The first thing to do is to open up the Google Docs that you would want to print.
- Then click on the File menu that is at the top right corner of the page.
- Go to Download and select PDF documents from the Submenu.
- Open the downloaded file in a PDF viewer
- Now you should be able to print it out without any issues.
Can I print files from Google Drive?
Follow the procedures below to print a file from Google Drive:
- Double-click on the desired file for you to open it.
- Click Print and the print dialog box will appear, along with a preview of the file on the right.
- Then choose the desired options, now you have to click Print.
Is there a way to print a whole folder of Google Docs?
These are Tech Tips: For bulk printing from Google Docs:
- Open the Folder.
- Select all the content that you would want to print. Or you can just click on (ctrl + a)
- Right-click on the selection and download.
- Open the zipped folder.
- Click on the Extract All
- Now you have to click on
- Select all and Print.
How do I Print Directly from Google?
- You can be able to print from Google Docs on your preferred computer or even from a mobile application on iOS or Android devices.
- Go to Share & Export page to print from the Google Docs mobile app within the More
- You can print Google Docs from the File menu on a computer.