Life could be made easy in many ways by pairing an Apple Watch with your iPhone. For instance, you can be able to answer calls and even go through your notifications without even taking your iPhone out of pocket. However, you will need to connect your watch to the iPhone which can be sometimes tricky. If you have thoughts on How to Pair an Apple Watch but do not know how? Then go through this blog carefully because it gives detailed guidelines to do that.
How to Pair an Apple Watch
The Apple Watch is probably among the best smartwatches on the market. The best Android-compatible watches are far behind compared to the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch is designed and set up for users to work exclusively with an iPhone. The polished design and seamless connectivity between the Apple Watch and the Apple ecosystem make it stand out.
The Watch is packed with many features, from a heart rate monitor and even a step counter to an Electrocardiogram (ECG), fall and crash detection, and even blood oxygen level detection. That is before you can even get started on the application and the sheer convenience of being able to see notifications on your wrist.
How to Pair an Apple Watch to iPhone
Before you pair an Apple Watch to iPhone, you will need to back up your Watch. Once you might have backup your Apple Watch, it will then transfer vital information, such as health data, and sync that information to the new phone’s health application. Follow the steps below to pair it up with the new phone.
- The first step to take is to connect the phone and watch to a power source and then position them close to one another.
- Start “Watch” on the phone.
- Now you have to click the “Start Paring” option on your iPhone.
- If the watch has started paring on the phone, press the “Restore from Backup” if you have any backup on it.
- Select the backup that you wish to restore. The process might take a while.
- Again, start the “Apple Watch” application on the phone, and then wait till the “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” notification shows up.
- Then click on the “Continue” option.
- Hold iPhone over to Apple Watch animation.
- Now you have to choose the “Set Up as New” option to continue.
- Use Apple ID to Sign in.
If you want to learn more about your Apple Watch while it is syncing, tap on the “Get to Know your Watch” option. With that, you would learn what’s new, view Apple Watch tips, and even have access to read this user guide, right through your iPhone.
How to Pair an Apple Watch to a New iPhone
If Apple Watch is paired to an old iPhone and you want to pair it to a new iPhone, then follow the guide below to do that and pair it to the new device.
- Open the Apple Watch application on your iPhone.
- Click on “My Watch” and tap all watches at the top of the screen.
- Kindly select the “I” that is next to the Apple watch that you wish to unpair.
- Then click on the “Unpair Apple Watch” option.
To Pair with a New iPhone
- Pairing your Apple Watch with iPhone. The step is necessary to connect the device to your phone number and have access to download any application you wish to have on the Apple Watch.
- Make sure you have a sim card on the iPhone before turning on the Apple watch.
- Turn both devices on and hold them near to each other, then a parring screen will pop up. You can even go to the Watch App and select, “Pair New Watch”.
- Now you have to select the “Set Up for myself” option.
- A spinning blue circle will then appear on the Watch, and the Viewfinder Camera will open on iPhone.
- Now you have to center the phone over the watch device so that the viewfinder could capture the image, and the devices being syncing.
- Choose the “Get to Know your Watch” option to learn more about how the watch works and select applications.
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network, and turn it on the Apple Watch.
After this process, the Apple Watch should be able to send messages and receive calls, though your primary number is connected to an Android device. If you have problems with phone calls and messages, you might need to update the device with your iPhone.
How to Pair Apple Watch Manually
If you wish to set up your Apple Watch and iPhone manually then you have to follow the guides below:
- On iPhone.
- Press and hold the “Side Button” till the Apple logo is displayed.
- Tap on the Watch icon.
- Select the “Start Paring” option that appears on the iPhone.
- Select the “Pair Apple Watch Manually”.
- Click on the “Info icon” on the Apple Watch.
- Sort out the Apple watch that corresponds to the name on your Apple Watch, on your iPhone.
- On the iPhone, you now have to enter the 6-digit code that is displayed on the Watch.
Select the on of the steps you are using either “Setup with Number Share (Setup for myself) or Setup in Standalone mode (Setup for a Family to continue). You are done connecting your Apple Watch to your iPhone with just these easy steps.
Try Connecting Your Apple and iPhone Again
On your iPhone, make sure that the Airplane mode is off and the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. To check, you have to open the control center. If you see the Airplane Mode icon on your wrist face, Airplane Mode is on. Open Control Center, then turn off your Airplane Mode.
Check the Settings that are on Both Devices
If your phone’s Wi-Fi or Bluetooth are turned off, or if they are in Airplane Modes, they wot be able to pair. Then now you have to make sure all the settings are set properly to facilitate the connection.
How do I Reset an Apple Watch?
Go to “Settings” on your Apple Watch, select “General” then click on the “Reset” option, and finally select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter your password if prompted. For the GPS + Cellular modes, choose to keep or remove the cellular plan.
Where is the I Icon on the Apple Watch for Paring?
When and where can I find the “I” icon on the Apple Watch? You can be able to see the “I” icon on the lower right corner of the Apple Watch during the paring process. Typically, you can tap “Start Paring on the watch for you to be guided through an automatic paring.
CHECK THESE OUT
- How to Remove Search Baron from Mac
- How to Find Out Who an Unknown Caller Is
- How to Open a Bank Account