WhatsApp Created a method that aids in How to Move WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone. this feature was scarce on Android devices, but now it is available.
Some months ago, the ability to move the entire chat history from iPhone to Android was introduced. And Recently, Mark Zuckerberg announced via Facebook that the reverse bridge for transferring WhatsApp data from an Android phone to an iPhone would now be going live enabling users to transfer their entire chat history which includes Photos, videos, and voice messages when they choose to upgrade their handsets.
In order for you to perform the transfer, there is a lengthy list of requirements. The Android Phone is expected to be running on the Android 5 lollipop at a minimum, while the iPhone should be on at least iOS 15.5 for the transfer to work. Additionally, Android devices are expected to be running build number 126.96.36.199 or higher of WhatsApp, while the iOS version should be on version 188.8.131.52 of the app.
Another crucial step to take is that the iPhone must be factory reset or new for the move to the iOS app to work effectively. Finally, the two phones are expected to be connected to a power source while the transfer is taking place, and they are expected to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
The last piece of the puzzle is, of course, the Move to iOS app. As a measure of Security, the whole process remains encrypted. The only limitation that you would face is that you cannot transfer peer-to-peer payment messages and WhatsApp call history.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone
Below I would be giving you all the steps involved in how to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone. First, you would be required to install the official move to the iOS app from the Play Store. Once you have installed the app on your Android phone and your iPhone is ready in a clean state, follow these steps stated below:
- First, launch the Move to iOS app on your Android device and follow the on-screen directions till you get to the page that request a Code.
- On your iPhone, you would be required to set up the process until you get to the apps and data page. On this page, tap on the option that says move data from Android.
- Right after selecting the Move data from Android option on your iPhone, you would see a code that you need to enter on your Android phone.
- Once you have entered the code and the two devices are paired, you would be required to transfer the data screen on the Android Phone. Here, select WhatsApp, among other apps and data that you would like to move.
- Right after you have selected all the data that you need to be transferred, hit on the blue and continue to begin the data migration process.
- Once the transfer has concluded, you will see your iPhone’s complete screen. Hit on the continue setting up iPhone button to complete the process and get the iPhone set.
- With the setup over and the Home Screen appearing for the very first time, you would see a prompt that would ask you to download the iOS version of the apps that was installed on your Android phone, including WhatsApp. You can choose to dismiss this, move to the App store, and then download the latest version of WhatsApp found on your iPhone.
- Once you have installed the messaging app, log in to the app using the same mobile number that you linked on your Android Phone.
- Right after the login process has been handled through the OTP system, hit on the start button. The app would automatically unpack all the data that was transferred and this would show it in the right places, including your WhatsApp chat history from your Android device.
The process involves users encrypting the data before having it moved from Android to the iPhone, which means someone else would be able to use this method to try and get access to your WhatsApp chat history. Of course, if you ever want to switch back to Android from the iPhone, you can also follow some simple steps to send your WhatsApp data back to the Android Platform.