It is accessing Japanese Netflix. Since each region has its own Netflix library, you can only access Japanese Netflix inside Japan. It ensures that Netflix can adhere to the licensing restrictions that apply solely to certain countries for episodes and movies. This post offers a step by steps guide on how to get Japanese Netflix on TV.
Fortunately, there are methods to use Netflix in Japan on your Smart TV even if you don’t live there.
How to Get Japanese Netflix on TV
Your IP address is your key to the Japanese Netflix repertoire, making a VPN your best bet for access. Using a VPN will deceive Netflix into thinking you are trying to access Japan-specific material from within the nation.
Express VPN, NordVPN, and Proton VPN Free are the top VPN services for Japan in 2023. In terms of international connection speed, range width, and server accessibility, all three have different capabilities acting as a distinction between them.
However, NordVPN, the best VPN for this purpose, will be used to show you how to access Japanese Netflix as you proceed. It provides quick and reliable access to over 80 Japanese VPN servers.
Although some countries, such as Iran and China, have outlawed VPNs, using a VPN from such nations will prevent you from accessing Japanese Netflix.
How to Access Japanese Netflix on Smart TV
You may install a VPN service directly on your Android TV or Fire TV if you use them to watch Netflix content.
For an Android TV, follow these steps:
- Download NornVPN or any VPN services from your “Google Play Store” on your TV.
- Sign up to create a new account or log into your select VPN account if you have one.
- After that, look for “Japan” from the list of countries and regions provided.
- You may be sent notifications confirming the connection; if so, have them verified.
- After verifying, you can now go to Netflix on your TV and enjoy your favorite series.
Netflix does not support Using a VPN; however, if you receive a notification showing that a proxy was detected.
Adhere to these steps:
- Turn off the VPN as recommended by the message.
- Restart the Netflix client, clear the cache, then rejoin the VPN after seeing this notification. To continue watching the selected show.
Note: Please be aware that live events and ad-supported Netflix plans cannot be used to access Netflix.
How to Access Japanese Netflix on Apple TV
Using an Apple TV, you can access Japanese Netflix from anywhere. Unlike other TV, the steps to use a VPN to bypass the block and start streaming may slightly differ:
- First, download NornVPN, or any of the VPNs mentioned above from your “Apple Store” on your TV.
- Create a new account or log into your select VPN account if you have one.
- Search for “Japan” from the list of countries and regions provided.
- After verifying notifications confirming the connection, you can go to Netflix on your TV and enjoy your favorite movie.
You must take these steps to watch Japanese Netflix on your Apple TV.
How to Access Japanese Netflix on Game Consoles
Using your PC, you can use a VPN to access the Japanese Netflix library on your Xbox or PlayStation. The stages of this process are explained in detail below.
- First, install NordVPN from NordVPN’s official website and set “Japan” as the country on your Desktop. From the drop-down menu, access all options at the top left corner.
- Use an Ethernet wire to link your PC and gaming console.
- Navigate to the “Control Panel” and select “Network and Sharing.”
- Tap on “Change Adapter Settings.”
- Select “Properties” by right-clicking on the icon with NordVPN.
- Choose “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” on the “Sharing” page.
- Choose the right network for your gaming console from the “Home networking connection” drop-down box.
- Click the “OK” button to save changes.
- You can now check Netflix to see if the country has changed to Japan.
Above are all the steps you need to consider to get Japanese Netflix on your gaming consoles.
How Can I Watch Netflix Japan with English Subtitles?
To do so, select the language under Shows & Movies Languages and tap or click Save for your profile. To browse and watch movies and TV shows by subtitle or audio language, go to netflix.com/browse/subtitles or netflix.com/browse/audio.
How Do I Get Japanese Netflix Without VPN?
Yes, of course! You can access Japanese Netflix without a VPN. Using SmartDNS will enable you to achieve that. This technology lets you access geo-restricted websites and services via a remote server.
How Do I Trick Netflix’s Location Without VPN?
There are several ways to change your Netflix location to avoid utilizing a VPN. A Smart DNS service is the best choice, but other options include:
- Using a proxy server.
- Remote desktop software.
- The Tor browser.
- Even setting up a home VPN server.
How Does Netflix Know I am Using a VPN?
Several users logging in from the same IP address alerts Netflix’s security system that the linked traffic is coming from a VPN server.
Which VPN Has Japan for Free?
Proton VPN, TunnelBear, and Windscribe are excellent choices, with free servers in Japan and other nations. Normally, Windscribe is the finest VPN with a free plan, but because Proton VPN and TunnelBear both have Japanese server options, Windscribe needs to catch up.
CHECK THESE OUT: