With this blog post, you can be able to filter incoming calls to your Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) numbers to route differently than the current DID routing that could come from a specific number, area codes, or even anonymous numbers. Fortunately, there are ways to find out who is calling from an unknown or blocked number. Read through this article carefully to be enlightened on How to Find who an Unknown Caller Is.
How to Find Out Who an Unknown Caller Is
Not everybody would want to answer phone calls that are coming from an unknown caller. Maybe it makes them anxious or does want to avoid the risk of talking to a telemarketer or answering a robocall. Either way, there are several ways of finding out the name and the number of the caller. If you might have been frequently on the receiving end of unwanted calls from an unknown number, you should probably be frustrated and looking for ways to stop them, then this blog is available for you.
How to Find Out Who an Unknown Caller
Call your Phone Company
Since your phone companies could have the phone records of your previous calls, they usually provide their customers with an Anonymous Caller ID service. That is depending on your carrier, you can the service using the *57 option. Th start (*) can be able to reveal the unknown phone number and then possibly other minor details about the caller.
Not every carrier supports this function and those that do support it often charge a fee whenever you use it. If the methods that are made available below do not work for you, then you should contact your phone carrier to see if the *57 is an option to reveal unknown callers. It is authoritative that you should dial the start code as soon as the anonymous call.
Use the TrapCall App
This application is one of the most reliable services that can be used to unmask and then block an unknown caller. The TrapCall gives its users access to:
- Automatic Spam Blocking.
- Unmask any phone number.
- Unmask the name, address, and even a photo of a caller with no Caller ID turned on.
- Put these numbers on a blacklist so that when they call again, they will hear a message telling them that your number has been disconnected or is not in service.
- Use incoming call recording.
All you just need to do to use TrapCall is to subscribe to the service by signing up on the TrapCall official website. After that you can just activate the service on your mobile phone, the process lasts about 5 minutes and is straightforward. After setting up the TrapCall application, you now need to decline when you receive a No Caller ID call. Now the TrapCall redirects the number to their system unmasks the caller, and then sends you a notification with the exact number and some additional information.
TrapCall works on both Android and iPhone smartphones device.
For Unknown Callers
The goal of identifying an unknown caller’s phone number is to block those to whom you would not want to speak. If you have an iPhone you can even take more extreme steps and then automatically block numbers that are not in your contact list. The feature is “Silence Unknown Callers. Calls that are from numbers that are not located in your contact can still be able to go to your voicemail and then appear in your recent call list but your mobile phone will not ring for them.
If you get lots of unknown calls, this might be the best feature for you. Just follow the guides below to turn it on.
- Navigate to “Settings”
- Click on “Phone”.
- You now have to scroll down to the ‘Silence Unknown Callers” heading and then select it.
- Then slide the toggle next to the “Silence Unknown Callers” to the right to turn on the feature.
This is a similar feature that exists on the Samsung Galaxy. To activate it.
- Open the “Phone” application.
- Select the “More” icon that is located at the bottom of the screen. It is the one that is three vertical dots.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- And then “Call Blocking”.
- Finally, you now have to turn on the “Block Anonymous Calls” switch.
If you have either an iOS or Android, you can use any of the above methods to ID hidden phone numbers for you to block them. Or you can stop unknown numbers altogether. So forth your method, you will be keeping yourself safe, and sparing yourself some annoyance that is 100% worth the effort.
How to Block Unwanted Numbers on Android
Once you notice an unknown caller number, you can easily block them on your Android devices through a few steps. You might be searching for how you can easily block numbers on Android devices, here are the guides to follow for that to be done.
- Open the “Dialer” or “Phone” on your mobile device.
- Select any vertical abbreviation (three vertical dots) menu on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Select the “Block Numbers” option.
- Now you easily add numbers that you would wish to block.
I’m sure these procedures for blocking a phone number on Android work.
How to Block Unwanted Numbers on iPhone
Apple iPhone users can easily block calls by following the guides listed below:
- First of all you have to enter the “Phone” app on your iPhone.
- Then open “Recent Calls” o your iPhone and then scroll to the number you would wish to block.
- Tap on the “I” option at the right end of the unwanted number.
- Scroll down and then choose “Block Caller”.
- Confirm that you want to block the caller by clicking on the “Block Contact”.
Once you are done following the guides above, then the caller will only receive a message starting that you are not accepting calls or something that is from that source.
Can You Unmask Unknown Caller?
You can try the *codes (“69”) to unmask “No Caller ID” calls. To do this, simply dial *69 on your mobile phone after receiving a call from an unknown number. This will give you the last known number that called your phone, even if it was a “No caller ID” call.
What Does *57 do?
Call Trace helps you handle obscene, threatening, or even harassing calls. It should only be used to trace harassing or threatening calls that could warrant legal action. After activating call Trace, you must contact or local law enforcement agency.
How can I Trace a Private Number?
Any private caller could be identified with the TrapCall. To unlock a private number, you can pay for a service like the TrapCall. A tool that is called TrapCall reveals private and prohibited callers. Both the phone number and the name under which the device is registered are available.
How Can I Find Out to Whom a Phone Number Belongs for free?
The best and easiest is to use the reverse phone lookup service. These services maintain databases of phone numbers and their owners. You can find a reputable service by searching on Google. Once you have found a service, enter the cell phone number into the search box.
- How do I Get the Crunchyroll Annual Swag Bag
- Tips to Speed up your Mac
- How to Log Out of Netflix on Roku Device