Stumbled upon an interesting Live video and you do not have time to watch it now? You should be aware that it is possible to download it for later/offline viewing, even if you found it on streaming platforms, which do not allows you to do that unless paying for subscriptions. This blog shows in detail How to Download a Streaming Video using your available device.
How to Download a Streaming Video
More of today’s internet traffics are spent streaming online video, with YouTube taking up a massive chunk. Over 400 hours of video content are uploaded to YouTube every minute, and the platform has a greater in the 18-49 demographic than cable TV. Then you have to consider other video streaming sites like Vimeo, Dailymotion, Twitch, and even many more.
To reduce data usage, downloading streaming live video from websites is a great choice. To solution is to capture and even download the online live stream video for you to watch later or offline, allowing you to rewatch as many times as you want without wasting data. If you have a limited data plan to places with a poor internet connection, you may want to download videos for watching later.
Video downloader tools are there to store videos in numerous formats, including MP3 and MP4. These programs are very easy and fast-to-use applications that support a high and even low-quality resolution that would match your needs and satisfaction. They enable you to grab the video simply by copying and pasting links and URLs.
How to Download a Streaming Video With an Extension
Video DownloadHelper in both Chrome and Firefox is an excellent example of a good extension that could help you download the video directly from your browser into your device.
Here are the steps that you can follow for you to be able to download live videos with an Extension into your device.
- Go to your web browser (Chrome/Firefox).
- Download the extension.
- Then Navigate to the video that you wish to get on your device.
- Click on the extension dedicated button that is shown next to the browser’s address bar.
- The Extension will automatically detect the video
- Select the resolution that you want.
- Click on the right-pointing arrow to bring up a panel of options.
- Now you have to select “Download” if you would want to direct the download to a particular file folder on your device.
- Alternatively, select “Quick Download” to download the video in your default browser.
- Next, you will be required to quickly download the companion app to help get the download done.
Once you might have installed the companion application on your device, the download will then start in the extension pop-up panel. Some videos can be downloaded directly from the browser without even the help of the companion application.
How to Download a Streaming Video with an Online Download Service
If you do not feel like installing an extension on even some other application on your computer or device, you can always download your videos using an online website. One of the best available web platforms for that is Savefrom, as it lets or gives you access to grab your favorite streaming video from any website.
Follow the steps below for that to be done.
- Go to the Savefrom website through this link en.savefrom.net/383/ on your web browser.
- Navigate to the website that has the streaming video and copy the video link.
- Go back to the Savefrom platform and then paste the link in the address bar located in the middle of the page.
- Select the green “Download” button.
- Select the resolution that you would want to use for your download by pressing the download arrow on the white button to bring up all the options.
- Then finally press the “Download” to start getting the video.
I’m sure these steps below have been of help to you.
How to Download a Streaming Video with a Third-Party App
A desktop-based download might offer a superior and excellent experience whenever it comes to live or video downloading for many numbers of reasons. These include being able to set up multiple downloads, with no limitations on video length or resolution and even better privacy controls, only just to name a few. However, some of these services are paid or come with some limited features when used for free.
For individuals that are looking to download videos n bulk, the JDownloader application can be the best choice for you. It is an open-source download manager with a large community of developers that are backing it up. Follow the guides below if you wish to grab all the live videos that you want from one page.
- Navigate to the page with more videos on it.
- Now allow JDownloader to scan the page by going to “File”
- Then select the “Analyze Text with Links” option.
- The links to the page should already be there. If not you can easily copy/paste it, and click “Continue”.
- Wait for JDownloader to find all the links.
- Once the process might have finished, click on the “LinkGrabber” tab for you to view the list of every downloadable item (Not just only videos) on that page.
- Sort out the video that you want to download and then right-click to bring up a list of options.
- Click on “Start Downloads” to get everything you want on that page on your device.
Just with these easy few steps above you can get your favorite videos on your device.
How to Download a Streaming Video with VLC
You may not be aware that you would get live streaming videos on VLC because it is not popular, the program many uses to watch movies and lots of TV shows, and the VLC applications allow you to download all kinds of streaming websites.
The processes are here below and are relatively simple.
- Enter the VLC application on your preferred device.
- Go to Media.
- Then the “Open Network Stream” option.
- Paste the link to the video that you want to download.
- Enter the link into the “Network Protocol URL” section.
- Click on the download arrow next to the “Play” button.
- Select the option to “Stream”.
- Then a new “Stream Output” window will open. You now have to click on the “Next button.
- While in the “Destination Setup” window, the open File should be enabled. Click “Add” to save yr files with the name and location of your choice.
- Press “Next”.
- In the “Transcoding Option” panel, check the “Activate Transcoding” option and then select “Next”.
- Finally, Click “Stream” for the downloading process to start.
Once the download is completed, you can find the item on your device.
How do I Download Live Streaming Videos to My Computer?
These are the best tools that you could use to download streaming videos from any website into a computer.
- Video DownloaderHelper
- 4K Video Downloader
- Freemake Video Downloader
How do I Save a Streaming Video in Chrome?
You may right-click on your mouse within the video stream as a solid file. Name the file accordingly and then save it to a location of your preference. The file extension should be – Mp4.
How do I Download a Streaming Video from YouTube?
Click on the Live tab under the channel content.
- Your previous live streams will appear in the list under Live.
- Hover over the live stream that you would want to download and click the three dots
- From the options that appear, click on “Download”.
Can a Live Stream be Downloaded?
Similar to TikTok, when you posted a video through Livestream Studio or even Livestream Producer, the copy will autosave to your computer. If you accidentally delete the Video, you can still be able to download the LiveStream videos that you uploaded from My Events. But you have no right to straightly download other users’ content on Livestream.