Are you interested in How to Connect two pairs of AirPods to One iPhone and share Audio? Am sure somebody out there might have been searching for how to do this. Well, today is your lucky day whoever you are because, in this content, I would be stating the steps on how to do that.
How to Connect two Pairs of AirPods to One iPhone and Share Audio
The arrival of Apple’s Air pods kicked off the true wireless earbuds market in a major way, Spawning a lot of competing models and clones. The company has in turn released a lot of generations of earbuds in the years since, as well as the pro version, not to mention the over-ear Max headphones model.
AirPods are really great because they do not only produce solid sound quality but also offer a lot of features that are useful. You can, for example, take calls with the built-in microphones, use Siri to get information, and perhaps one of the product’s most underused features – you are able to connect two pairs of AirPods to one iPhone.
AirPods Connection Feature
This feature was first launched when iOS 13 was released, and Apple listed the feature under the name share Audio. This feature was created because Apple want to make it a lot easier for users. The support could actually be very useful for those times that you would want to listen to an audio track or an album with a friend or a loved one.
The audio-sharing feature can also turn out to be quite handy when riding public transportation with another person, making it a lot easier for two people to watch the same movie on one particular device. Connecting two pairs of AirPods to an iPhone can be very simple, as Apple has decided to add the share audio button to the Airplay menu that is accessible within the control center.
How to Connect two Pairs of AirPods to a Single iPhone
Even though this feature is very easy to use, AirPods have a lot of hidden tricks and controls that are not readily apparent, the share Audio feature among them. In other to connect a second pair of AirPods to your iPhone, we are assuming that one of the pairs of earbuds is already connected to the smartphone.
- While you are listening to the audio on your iPhone, you can either choose to open the control panel and then tap on Airplay or tap the Airplay option from within the app that you are making use of.
- Tap on the share audio option that would pop on in the menu
- In other to pair the second set of earbuds, Open the Air Pod case located near the iPhone’s screen. If you are making use of the AirPods Max headphones, remove them from their case.
- Once the second pair of Air pods appear on the iPhone’s screen, tap on the shared audio again.
- In other, for you to test if the two Airpods have been connected, go to Bluetooth within settings and then check to see whether both products get listed under connected devices.
If after going through the steps, the connection was successful, you can make use of a single iPhone with two different pairs of AirPods. Each of the users can choose to control their own volume level using the control on the AirPods.
In other to stop sharing audio with the second pair of Airpods, you can swipe down from the top left right corner of your iPhone Screen and launch the control center, tap Airplay and then tap on the checkmark next to the pair of earbuds that you want to remove.