Google Home as one of the most popular home gadgets allows you to connect all smart home devices easily. But it must be connected to a functional Wi-Fi network for the system to run and for you to be able to operate it using the app or voice commands.
This article will consider some ways how to change the WiFi network on a Google Home device if you need to. Well, it may be necessary to adjust the app to reflect any recent changes you have made to your network connection.
How To Change the Wi-Fi on A Google Home Device
To be sincere, whether it’s assisting with getting the family out the door in the morning, keeping track of goods for the grocery list, or other tasks that surface throughout the day, Google Home makes your life much easier.
You must first forget the existing Wi-Fi configuration from your device, then set it up again to connect to the new network to update your Wi-Fi network information.
Here is a step-to-step guide to changing the Wi-Fi network on your Google Home:
- First, launch the “Google Home” app.
- Scroll download and locate the device you want to update.
- At the top right corner of your screen, click the “Settings” icon.
- Then, tap “Forget” next to “Wi-Fi” in “Device settings.”
- After that, you can click “Forget Network” in the “Are you sure?” dialog box to confirm.
- Once you forget the current Wi-Fi Network, you then proceed to set up your device to a new one.
- Simply tap the plus icon in the top left corner of the app’s main screen.
- Then, select the “Set up device” and tap on the “Set up new devices in your home” option.
- After that, simply select a location in the “Choose a home” list.
- After Google has identified the setup device, press it and select “Next.”
- Tap “Yes” on the app when you hear the speaker chime to confirm.
- After reading the terms of service, click “I agree.”
- If you want to assist Google Home Mini in getting better, you will be prompted. Choose “No thanks” or “Yes, I’m in” by pressing.
Google Home will connect to the new Wi-Fi network the next time it connects.
How to Update the Password to a Wi-Fi Network on Google Home
Nevertheless, you can also update the password to the new google home Wi-Fi. Here are the steps to do that:
- Launch to open the “Google Home” app.
- Choose the name of the WiFi, and then click on “Show Password.”
- Click “Edit.”
- You change the password and save it.
These are the steps on how you can update the password to WiFi on Google Home.
About the Google Home App
With the help of the Google Home app, you can set up thousands of compatible lights, cameras, speakers, and other devices that are all controllable. It enables you to set up and manage Google Nest or Home speakers, screens, and Chromecast.
In addition, from the app, you can also monitor your reminders and most recent notifications. Both iPhones and iPads as well as Android smartphones and tablets support the Google Home app.
Moreover, this app is available to download and update from “Google Play Store” and the “App Store” on your iOS device.
How to Use the Google Home App
You have broad authority over your entire house in this situation. For a certain device, service, or set of devices, each button serves as a control. Depending on the device it symbolizes and the condition it is in, each serves a particular purpose.
It allows users to perform different tasks without stress including the following:
- Helps you to easily control all the lights in your home or the lights in a specific room only. You can turn on or off your smart lights.
- Displays the camera’s video feed. If you have multiple cameras, you can see them all at once.
- Calls your home to ring all your devices linked to Duo.
- Send a message to your Google Assistant speakers and displays from the Google Home app.
- Opens the thermostat’s controls. You can select which smart thermostat to use if you have more than one.
- Controls your Nest WiFi, Google WiFi, or OnHub network and settings and runs performance tests.
- Google Home app enables the media you are presently playing, along with the device it is playing on.
- You can opt to stream from one device to another if you own multiple devices. The media can be started or stopped with a single tap.
Can you Use Google Home on a PC?
Of course, to view Nest cameras and doorbells that you have in the Google Home mobile app, use a web browser like Chrome.
Using a PC or mobile device, you can access Google Home for the web. Migrate your Nest account to a Google Account to utilize Google Home for the web with devices that were initially configured using the Nest app.
Does Google Home have a Camera?
A Nest Camera is included with your Google Nest Hub Max. The Nest Cam’s live view feature and alerts when activity is detected can be used to check in on your house while you are away.
Can a Google Home Call 911?
Based on the home address you input in the Google Home app, Nest Aware’s Emergency Calling connects you to the 911 call center that is most convenient for your home.
This enables you to instantly get in touch with your neighborhood emergency services wherever you are, even if you’re far from home.
ALSO CHECK THESE OUT:
- How to Remove Photos From Echo Show
- How to Update Safari on your Device
- ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red and How to Fix It
- How to Unblock YouTube
- How to Set Up a VPN on Windows