How to cancel an Amazon Prime free trial. The amazon prime free trial is a 30 days trial period where you can access the full benefits of signing up for Prime membership. Unfortunately, it converts you to an annual subscription member automatically after the free trial is over.
To avoid being charged every month you need to cancel the free trial membership before the 30 days are completed. Immediately, you have canceled the free trial all the benefits will not end. You will still be given free 2-day shipping to access the prime video.
How to Cancel an Amazon Prime Free Trial
To cancel an Amazon Prime free trial is quite a simple process, using the Amazon mobile app or any web browser available on your device. As the article proceeds, we will consider how you can cancel the free trial on Amazon mobile app or the Amazon website when you are ready.
How to Cancel the Amazon Prime Free Trial Using its Mobile App
Although Amazon will attempt to get you to change your mind, the steps to cancel the Amazon Prime free trial are easy.
- Launch the Amazon app on your smartphone and then sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the bottom menu, and click on the profile icon.
- Then, click on your account.
- After that, scroll down and select the “Memberships & Subscriptions” option.
- Next, click on “Prime Membership Settings.”
- Click Manage membership.”
- In the dropdown menu, click on the “Manage Membership – Update, Cancel, and More” option.
- After doing that click on “End membership.”
- Tap “Cancel My Benefits” on the first confirmation page.
- On the second confirmation page tap “Continue” to get through.
- Then tap “Cancel membership” on the final confirmation page.
- Finally, two warnings stating that your Prime membership will expire and on what date it will end will appear on the Prime page.
Above are the steps to cancel the Amazon Prime free trial using the Amazon mobile app.
How to Cancel an Amazon Prime Free Trial Using a Web Browser
To cancel your Amazon Prime free trial is also easy on the website. Before you can finally cancel the free trial, you need to undergo three confirmation screens.
- Visit Amazon.com on your browser and enter your email address and password to sign in.
- Select the “Accounts & Lists” located at the top right corner of the screen to open the menu and tap on the “Prime Membership” option.
- Once done, the details about your Prime membership will appear at the top of the page, such as the remaining days of your free trial and its renewal date.
- Then on the far-right section that says “Manage Membership – update, cancel and more” click on it.
- In the menu that drops down, tap on “End Membership.”
- After that, click on” Cancel My Benefits” on the first confirmation page.
- Then tap on “Continue to Cancel” on the second attempt to change your mind.
- On the last cancellation page, click on the “Cancel Membership” option.
- Finally, your Prime membership will be canceled and its expiration date will be confirmed in two alert boxes on the membership website.
You will not be charged a dime when your Amazon Prime trial expires because it has been canceled.
Can I Get An Amazon Prime Free Trial Again?
You can get Amazon Prime free trial benefits simply by registering as a new user. Nevertheless, you need to wait for another 12 months for you to get another free trial period again if you have already enjoyed one before.
Steps to Get Amazon Prime Free Trial Again
To get another Amazon Prime free trial there are some tricky steps to follow. The steps will be outlined below.
- To be eligible to enjoy another free 30 days trial period wait for 12 months.
- After that, as a complimentary service use a customized phone data plan that comes with amazon prime Membership for free.
- To become eligible, get for yourself an Amazon Prime student Membership.
- By registering for a new amazon prime account to activate the free trial again.
With your Amazon account settings, you may easily cancel a free trial of Amazon Prime. You can end your trial and avoid being charged for a Prime subscription that you don’t want by following the instructions provided in this article.
To make certain that your membership is properly canceled, don’t forget to confirm your cancellation twice.
How Hard is it to Cancel Amazon Prime?
By clicking the End Membership option on this page, you can cancel your Prime subscription. Paying members are entitled to a complete refund for the current membership period if they haven’t used their perks. Within three to five business days, the reimbursement will be processed.
How much is Amazon Prime After a Free Trial?
Following a free trial, Amazon Prime costs only $14.99 per month (plus any applicable taxes). Anytime, cancel. after your free trial, Amazon Prime costs only $139 per year (plus any applicable taxes).
Is Prime Video Better than Netflix?
Netflix offers a huge selection of genres and foreign programming. According to a 2022 article by Business Insider, Amazon Video appears to have a lot more cinematic programming, including 24,000 movies and 2100 series. So, both of them are good for streaming video online.
Can I Cancel Amazon Prime Anytime?
You can cancel your Prime subscription at any time by accessing Your Account and changing your membership options if you signed up for it directly through our website.