Users are given access to back up their iPhones using iCloud or a computer. To decide the method that is best for you. You have to read this article carefully because it gives detailed procedures on How to Backup iPhone to iCloud using different methods.
How to Backup iPhone to iCloud
There are various reasons that you might wish to need a backup of your iPhone. Perhaps you are changing to a new iPhone and want to transfer all of your data, applications, settings, and some other content to your new device. You may also run into some situations where it is necessary for you to return your iPhone to the factory settings and you need to wipe off everything from your iPhone.
And it is very advisable for users to regularly create backups of iPhone’s contents so that nothing gets lost whether it is due to an accident or other unexpected issues. There are some different ways for you to back up an iPhone. There are some different steps that can help you through the different steps so that you can be able to keep documents, precious data and available for backup.
How to Backup iPhone to iCloud
If you might have a backup iPhone or iPad, you will then have a copy of the information to use, and in case, your device is ever replaced, lost, or even damaged. These are the procedures that you could follow for you to be able to Back up your iPhone to iCloud:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap on your Profile name and click on iCloud.
- Now you have to select iCloud Backup and then turn it on.
NOTE: iCloud always automatically backups iPhone daily and when is connected to power, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi. On models that support 5G, your specific carrier may give the option to back up iPhone using the Cellular network. Go to Settings > Your Profile > iCloud > iCloud Backup, then you would turn on or off Backup Over Cellular.
- For you to perform a manual backup, then you have to click on Back Up Now.
In case you do not want to have your iPhone do a backup automatically, you can just toggle on the iCloud selection that is at the top of the iCloud Backup page.
View iCloud Backups
For you to view your iCloud backups you have to follow the guides below:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on your profile name.
- Tap iCloud.
- Select the Manage Account Storages
- Now you have to choose any backup from the list, then click on Delete & Turn Off Backup.
NOTE: If you would wish to turn on an application or feature to use iCloud syncing (Go to Settings > your profile > iCloud > Show All), it is the information that is stored in the iCloud. Because the information is automatically kept up to date on almost all your devices, it is not included in iCloud backup.
Backup iPhone using Mac
Before you would have to Back up your iPhone using Mac, you will need guides to help you through the Backup process while using macOS.
- You have to first connect your iPhone and your computer with a cable.
- Select iPhone, in the Finder sidebar on Mac.
NOTE: For you to be able to use the Finder to backup, macOS 10.15 or later is required. While the earlier versions of macOS, use iTunes to back up iPhone.
- Click on General, at the top of the Finder Window.
- Select the Back Up all of the Data on your iPhone to this Mac
- For you to encrypt Back up data and then protect it with passwords, you have to select Encrypt Local Backup.
- Finally click on Back Up Now.
You can also connect an iPhone to your computer wirelessly if you setup the syncing over Wi-Fi.
How to Completely Backup my iPhone to iCloud?
These are steps on how to back up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud:
- Connect the device to a Wi-Fi Network.
- GO to Settings
- Click on your Profile and then tap the iCloud
- Select the iCloud Backup
- Tap Back Up Now. You have to stay connected to Wi-Fi until the process ends. Then under the Back Up Now, you will see the date and time of your last backup.
How do I Manually Back Up my iPhone?
You can Back Up your iPhone, iPad, and even your iPod touch in iTunes on PC. Below are the steps to follow to Back Up:
- Connect your device to the computer that you normally sync with.
- In the iTunes application on PC, click on the Device button that is near the top left of the iTunes window.
- Click on Summary.
- You can now click on the Back Up Now (Below the Backups).
How do I Back Up all my Information on iCloud?
For you to manually back up your iPhone via iCloud, you have to follow these procedures below:
- Navigate to Settings and click on our profile.
- Click on iCloud and then iCloud Back Up.
- Finally select the Back Up Now
Here you can also see the last time that the device was successfully backed up.
How do I Transfer Everything from an Old iPhone to a new One?
Once you might have backed up your old iPhone into iCloud, then you have to turn on the new iPhone. Proceed with the Setup process and connect the new iPhone to Wi-Fi. In the Apps & Data view, select Restore from iCloud Backup and sign in to iCloud. Choose the Backup that you would wish to restore and you have to wait for it to finish.
How do I know if my iPhone is Backed Up?
These are how to find and then manage backups stored in iCloud:
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Go to Settings > Your Profile > iCloud. Tap Manage Account Storage, then tap on the “Backups option. Click a backup to see more details about it, and then choose which information to back up, or you can delete the backup.