Are you a Hair Stylist who dreams of getting a job in the USA through visa sponsorship? Then keep reading this blog post to find out the necessary information you need to make this dream a reality.
Hairstyling is a well-sought-after job in the USA and it can be a good career for you when you are exceptionally skilled and creative.
Being good at your hair styling job means you can make people feel good about themselves, this will expose you to a diverse range of customers.
Understand your duties, needed skills, roles, and the salaries involved. Also, the educational requirements as well as the job description as you keep reading through this article.
Hair Stylist Job Description
A hairstylist is a person who practices hair care professionally by styling and treating. They carry out hair care by shampooing, cutting, conditioning, styling, braiding, and fixing all kinds of hair.
They treat hair by analyzing the type of hair a client has and they are also able to easily decipher which treatment is best for the client using professional knowledge.
Hair stylists also give professional advice to clients on the steps to take and things to do to maintain healthy-looking hair void of breakage, damage, or scalp diseases.
They are professionals who ensure they consult with clients on their hair choices while they create them and bring them to life to the best of their ability.
Best-paying Hair Stylist Job to Apply for with a Visa Sponsorship in the USA
Hair Stylists in the US are usually well paid because the services they offer are not common services but professional services with various job opportunities available. Some of the job opportunities include:
Hair stylists can work in a hair salon to provide services such as haircuts, coloring, styling, and treatments to clients.
Hair stylists can offer hair styling services either independently. Or by providing services for events such as weddings, photo shoots, or fashion shows.
Hair stylists can Work for a hair care brand or product company to demonstrate and promote their products at trade shows, educational seminars, and several other events.
Hair stylists can be educators or instructors who teach at cosmetology schools by conducting workshops or providing training for salon staff.
Product Sales Representative
Hair stylists can work for a hair care product company as a product sales representative to help promote and sell their products to salons and stylists.
Hair Stylists can be salon managers for salons owned by them or they can manage their salons by overseeing operations, staff, and client services.
Hairstylists can work in the fashion or media industry where they are the stylists in charge of styling hair for photo shoots, fashion shows, or editorial spreads in magazines.
Celebrity or Personal Stylist
A hairstylist can provide personal hair styling services to celebrities, public figures, or individuals who wish to have a personal stylist for personalized hair care.
Product Development Specialist
Hair Stylist can work with hair care product companies with their creativity and knowledge to help them develop and test new products, formulations, and techniques.
Hair stylists can work as salon consultants to provide consulting services to salons, offering their professional advice on business operations, marketing, and staff training.
Cruise Ship or Resort Stylist
Hair Stylists can Work on a cruise ship or resort as stylists to provide hair styling services to guests at resorts, spas, or on cruise ships.
Cosmetology School Administrator
Hair Stylists can be administrators in a cosmetology school to help manage the operations by overseeing curriculum, student enrollment, and staff coordination.
The above jobs can be gotten by hair stylists in the US, they can also get jobs like hair technician, hairdresser, and barber.
however, it is important to note that the jobs are usually opened to hair stylists who meet the requirements of the companies to be employed.
10 High Paying Companies for Hair Stylist Job in the USA
Some companies pay their hair stylists extremely well, below are some of the highest-paying companies in the US:
Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids– http://www.sharkeyscutsforkids.com/
Average Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids Hair Stylist hourly pay in the United States is approximately $27.11, which is 39% above the national average.
Average Sport Clips Hair Stylist hourly pay in the United States is approximately $25.59, which is 32% above the national average.
Pigtails & Crewcuts Haircuts for Kids– http://www.sportclipsjobs.com/
Average Pigtails & Crewcuts Haircuts for Kids Hair Stylist hourly pay in the United States is approximately $25.57. It is 32% above the national average.
Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids– https://www.haircutsarefun.com/
24.67 Average Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids Hair Stylist hourly pay in the United States is approximately $24.67.
Great Clips– http://jobs.greatclips.com/
Great Clips Hair Stylist’s hourly pay in the United States is approximately $24.59.
Regis Corporation– http://www.regiscorp.com/default.asp
The average Regis Corporation Hair Stylist hourly pay in the United States is approximately $23.41
Knockouts Haircuts for Men- http://www.knockouts.com/
Average Knockouts Haircuts for Men hourly pay ranges from approximately $9.49 per hour for a receptionist to $28.42 per hour for a Salon Manager.
Cost Cutters Family Hair Salon– https://www.costcutters.com/
Average Cost Cutters Family Hair Salon Hair Stylist hourly pay in the United States is approximately $23.08. It is 19% above the national average.
Smart Style– https://www.smartstyle.com/
Average Smart Style Hair Stylist hourly pay in the United States is approximately $22.57, which is 16% above the national average.
Highest Paying Cities for Hair Stylist Job in the USA
Miamisburg, OH – They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $24.94 per hour
Canton, OH- They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $24, 74 per hour
Lima, OH – They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $24.51 per hour
Beavercreek, OH – They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $23.99 per hour
Chillicothe, OH – They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $23.74 per house
Tipp City, OH – They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $23.60 per hour
New Albany, OH– They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $23.41 per hour
Dublin, OH – They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $22.81 per hour
Columbus, OH- They pay their hair stylist an average salary of $22.49 per hour
H-1B and O1 Visas for Hair Stylist Jobs in the US
Applying for a visa sponsorship to get a job in the US means your employer will be sponsoring your trip to the US.
There are different types of visas that foreign hair stylists can apply for to get a visa sponsorship in the US. However the most common is the H-1B visa and the 01 Visa.
The H-1B is designed specifically for foreign workers who wish to travel to the US to work in a special field which includes hair styling.
To qualify for an H-1B visa, applicants must have a degree or equivalent work experience in their chosen field.
The O1 visa is designed for applicants with extraordinary abilities and skills. You can also consider applying for this visa if you are good at what you do.
Once you have gotten the right degree or work experience qualify for the H-1B visa or 01 Visa. You can follow the links below to apply for the hair styling job openings that interest you.
Where to Apply for Your Hair Stylist Job Using Visa Sponsorship
How to Apply for Hair Stylist Job with Visa Sponsorship in the USA
You can apply for Hair Stylist job using your visa sponsorship, by following the steps below:
- You have to apply for available hair styling jobs with visa sponsorship using links. Some of the links are listed above
- When you see a job offer you like, send a standard USA application letter alongside a well-structured CV.
- If you are eligible and lucky enough, your employer will find you suitable. They will therefore write a letter to petition for a scholarship from the United States Citizenship Immigration service
- Once approved you will be sent a letter from your employer in the US which will aid you to apply for the visa type that is suitable to you.
- Once you have applied you will have to answer the questions and answers on the USA engineering Job visa sponsorship interview.
- Prepare for your interview by doing some research and you will get the job, you can now prepare to travel.
Requirements to Apply
As a hairstylist in the US, you will be expected to meet the following conditions as requirements, below are some of them:
- As a hair stylist you will be required to have a license from a cosmetology school or an equivalent
- As a hair stylist, you will be required to have a wide knowledge of styling techniques and hair treatment.
- As a hairstylist, you will be required to have excellent hair styling equipment such as curlers, hot irons, and hair dryers.
- As a hairstylist, you must have the ability to pay attention to detail
- As a hairstylist applying for a job in the UK, you are expected to have two years of work experience
- You must have passed the on-line test
- You must have gotten your visa
It is important to note that being a hairstylist in the US comes with a lot of responsibility because your employers need you to do your job with extreme diligence and confidence.
As a Hair Stylist in the US, What Benefits Can I Get?
There are several benefits of being a Hair Stylist in the US, below are some of them:
- You get to enjoy a good salary as hairstylists are paid per hour with several other benefits. They include health insurance, paid time off, dental insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Your job will be well secured as the need for hairdressers tends to have increasing demand which helps jobs to be well secured.
- You get to enjoy a flexible work schedule as salons work more during evening hours while they offer part-time services. Most importantly hair stylists can choose to work as a freelance.
- You have the chance to meet new people as your styling increases your socializing skills.
What are my Duties as a Hairstylist in the US?
Hair stylists in the US do several duties, below are some of them:
- They comb and braid hair
- They offer hair tinting services such as coloring and bleaching
- They sell hair care products
- They offer haircut and blow-dry services
- They explain hair products to clients
- They prefer pedicure and manicure services
- They give hair treatment
How Long is a Visa Sponsorship Valid?
The validity of a visa sponsorship depends on the type, some can be valid for about one to three years while others can last longer. Ensure you make adequate inquiries before proceeding with your travel plans.