Facebook is a platform where you see lots of exciting posts you would like to rewatch even when you are offline. It could be funny content you like to show others or something you would love to buy offline. Either way, there is always a need to save Facebook videos.
If you have been wondering if this is possible, yes, it is, and this article will show you how to go about it. You can download any video from Facebook you want to watch or share with your friend offline, using any device.
Download Your Facebook Videos on Your Desktop
Here is how to download videos you uploaded yourself from Facebook using your desktop:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Navigate your way to your profile and locate the video tab.
- Choose the video you want to download.
- Click on the three-dot menu close to your name.
- Select the download video option.
- Facebook immediately downloads the video to your computer.
Download Third-Party videos on your Desktop
Downloading other Facebook users’ videos is a little more complex than downloading your own videos, here is how to download third-party videos:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Choose and click the video you wish to download.
- Ensure you are playing the video.
- Right-click on the video.
- A pop-up menu will show you three options.
- From the options given, click “show video URL”.
- Copy the URL, do this by right-clicking and selecting copy.
- Open a tab on your browser and paste the URL.
- Paste by hitting ctrl V.
- Once you have pasted, do not click on enter.
- Replace the www in the URL with Mbasic.
- Now you can click enter.
- This will open a new page.
- Now click on the video you want to download.
- This will lead you to a new page with a video player.
- Right-click the video and save, do this by selecting “save as”.
- Choose the destination of the video alongside its name and click ‘Save As’.
- You have successfully saved your video.
- Simply open the file with the video player that works for your phone.
Download Facebook Videos on Android Devices
To download a Facebook video with your Android device, is quite basic, follow the following steps:
- Log into your account.
- Navigate to find the video you wish to download.
- Click on the three-dot icon that is just above the video.
- From the menu that pops up, select Copy link.
- Open a browser app on your phone like Chrome.
- Paste the link in the address bar by a simple tap on the address bar and select paste when it comes up.
- Erase the www and type in Mbasic instead.
- Proceed to hit the arrow on your screen.
- To further proceed, you may need to sign in to your Facebook account again.
- Now, tap on the video, a pop-up menu will come up.
- Click on download video, and ensure Chrome has access to your videos, if not, you may need to click on Allow to continue.
- As soon as the download is complete, click open to see the video.
- You have successfully downloaded the video.
- To see it offline, go to your files, click on downloads, and open the recently downloaded videos and you will find it there.
Download Facebook videos on iPhone
Downloading videos on your iPhone is quite an easy task, follow the following steps:
- To begin, download the Mymedia app from the Apple app store.
- Now, open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to locate the video you wish to download.
- Click on the share button just underneath the video.
- Click on the chain icon next to the three-dot icon.
- Once you do that, you will be automatically returned to the video.
- Open the Mymedia app, and scroll up to the search bar.
- Use your keyboard to click on the go.
- Now paste the video URL into the box and select paste.
- Proceed to click on the download.
- Once a new page is opened, click on more options.
- Now click on force download SD or HD (Standard definition/high definition).
- The next thing is to click on download the file.
- Select a file name for your video and click on save.
- Once downloaded, save it to the camera roll and view it from your photo app.
What is All Video Downloader?
A video downloader is an app or software that is used to download videos from sites. It could be Facebook, YouTube, and other video streaming platforms.
It helps not just to download but also to convert videos into the required format for free. All video downloader apps are compatible with a lot of websites.
Does the video downloader work for Android phones?
Yes, it does. Simply download it from your play store and it is ready to serve you.
Why can’t I Download a Video from Facebook?
There are lots of reasons why you may not be able to download a video. Most importantly, it could be that the video you want to download is private or your Facebook downloader is not updated.