How to delete Amazon Order History. To be sincere, an Amazon order cannot be entirely removed from your history and that is the reality. Since there is no real method to completely remove an Amazon order from your purchase history, what can you do?
How to Delete Amazon Order History
The fact that you can’t permanently delete Amazon order history doesn’t mean that there are no workarounds. Well, there are many ways to remove a purchase from your primary order history. This article will consider 4 ways to go about it.
Hide Orders by Archiving Your Amazon Orders
Although, archiving is not a foolproof method of deleting the history of Amazon purchases, yet, it helps to hide items from your default order page. Even after being archived, the order will continue to be stored in Amazon’s database and linked to your account.
Steps to Archive Your Amazon Orders
Here are the steps to archive your Amazon orders:
- First, log in to your account using your Amazon login details.
- Go to the menu bar on the right and select “Returns & Orders.”
- Scroll down to find the item or items you wish to hide, then click “Archive Order” in the bottom left-hand corner. You can archive up to 100 of the purchases you want to conceal and click on the “Archive” button.
- A box will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to archive the order as soon as you click the archive button. When an item is archived, it immediately disappears from your usual order history page.
- Hover your cursor over “Accounts & Lists” in the menu. And select “Your Accounts” to access the order detail of any archived orders.
- Locate the link for “Archived orders” in the section for “ordering and shopping preferences” on that page.
NOTE: The orders you have concealed may still be accessible if someone has access to your Amazon account and knowledge of how archived orders function. You can restore an archived order to your default order history view, just click the “Unarchive Order” option.
Hide Orders using an Amazon Locker
Using an Amazon Locker is another option for covert delivery. You can pick up your goods whenever it’s convenient for you with our free delivery option.
These are the steps to hide orders using an Amazon locker:
- Go to the Amazon locker delivery website and click Locate a locker near you to locate and choose an Amazon Locker.
- To locate an Amazon Locker, you can perform a search using an address, zip code, landmark, locker, or shop name.
- When placing an order, the Locker will be offered as a shipping address. Amazon will email you a special six-digit code to open the locker if you choose the locker delivery option.
- The item will then be available for pickup for three calendar days before being sent back to Amazon for a refund.
The lockers are strategically placed around your city and are self-serve delivery kiosks. Until you pick them up, your packages are kept in a locker with a security code.
Hide Your Browsing History
Your browser history leaves a paper trail that may be followed by snoops to learn what products you may have bought or are considering buying. You can remove certain items from your browsing history or your entire history by changing it.
To hide your browsing history simply:
- Go to the Amazon homepage and click on “Browsing History.”
- On the pullout menu, select “View and Edit.”
- To remove an item from view on the history page, simply click “Remove from view.”
- Tap “Manage history” to access the following two choices. Toggle off or on the browsing history and hide everything from view.
You may completely turn off Amazon’s ability to trace your browsing history. Which may be a good idea in the months before the holidays.
Hide Orders Using an Amazon Household Account
An Amazon Household Account, allows you and your family members to share Amazon Prime. Which is another option to hide your purchases from your family.
As a matter of fact, only prime members have access to this option. It enables you to share your membership’s advantages with one other adult as well as any kids or teenagers living in your home. You can also keep your purchasing history, suggestions, and lists private. And apart from those of teenagers and young children by using a Household Account.
Up to ten people may reside in an Amazon Household under some restrictions. The benefit of sharing specific Amazon Prime privileges and digital content through a Family Library is still available to both adults.
Why can’t I archive an order on Amazon?
Only while using a computer or your phone’s web browser in desktop mode to explore Amazon may you choose to archive an order.
What does it mean to archive an order?
You stop an order that is being processed when you cancel an order. When you archive an order, you’re indicating that you’re finished with it and want to delete it from your list of open orders.
Does Amazon keep a search history?
Whether you purchase anything or not, Amazon keeps track of every page you visit. If you don’t want Amazon to record your purchases, you can disable browsing history in your account settings.
How long do items stay in an archive?
Any item that is archived is just taken out of your Inbox. It will continue to be that way perpetually, but the action may always be reversed.
- How to Cancel Amazon Music Subscription
- How Long Does Amazon Take to Refund a Canceled Order
- Steps to Cancel Amazon FreeTime
- How Late Does Amazon Deliver
- How to Create an Amazon Storefront