Uploading a photo on Facebook comes with a lot of emotions. You select the best pictures because they are lovely and attract some likes and comments. Uploading a picture on Facebook also helps save photos or memories and look forward to Facebook reminders.
However, things can take a different turn where you no longer feel at ease with these pictures, probably dealing with a breakup and having the desire to get rid of some memories.
You may be applying for a new job and want them to see specific photos only if they go through your social media account.
It could also be due to a picture you uploaded in error, but it is best to clean up your social media page and rid yourself of any photographs, especially if you are starting something new.
It could be a new relationship or job, but it is best to have pictures that speak well of you on your Facebook page, not those that describe your youthful vitality.
Nevertheless, no matter why you seek to delete a picture on Facebook, this article will show the step-by-step procedure for deleting your image on your computer or mobile phone.
How to Delete Your Facebook Photo from a Computer
In order to delete the picture you uploaded, the first thing to do is log into your Facebook account on your computer and find the particular picture you wish to delete from your page. When you successfully delete the image, it will disappear from your timeline and other feeds.
- Please stay on the picture you want to delete as it appears in the boxes.
- You will see a pencil icon just by the top right of the image.
- Tap the pencil icon.
- A message will pop up when you tap the pencil icon.
- “Edit or remove” is the message.
- Go to the bottom of the message that pops up.
- The last option there is “delete this photo.”
- Tap on it.
- The following pop-up gives you two options.
- Go back and delete.
- Tap on delete.
Once you tap on delete, the picture is gone, and you won’t find it on Facebook again.
How to Delete Your Facebook Photo from your mobile browser
The first thing to do is log into your Facebook account on your mobile phone and find the particular picture you wish to delete from your page. When you successfully delete the image, it automatically disappears from your Facebook page.
- Remember, you can only delete pictures you uploaded, so identify the photo you want to delete and click on it to select it.
- Just under the picture, click on the words ”more options”.
- Click on “Edit Photo”.
- Click on “Delete”.
- It will ask you to confirm, “Are you sure you want to delete this photo?
- With two options of delete and cancel.
- Click on delete.
Once you click on delete, your picture will delete from Facebook.
How do I delete my Facebook photos from Facebook mobile app
Deleting an image from Facebook mobile app slightly differs from the mobile browser. To delete from the mobile app, follow these steps
- Open your Facebook app.
- Go to your profile and locate your photos.
- Tap the image you would like to delete.
- You will notice a three-dot menu at the top right of the picture.
- Tap on the three-dot menu.
- Choose delete photo by clicking on it.
- It will ask you to confirm if you want to delete it.
- If you are sure, then click delete again.
Once you do this, you have entirely deleted your photo from Facebook.
Will the deleted photo remain on the pages of those I tagged?
No. it means you have untagged them, and they will not see it on their page anymore
Can I retrieve deleted pictures on Facebook?
Any picture you delete from Facebook will also be deleted from servers and backup systems. So, once you delete an image from Facebook, it is permanently deleted.
- How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
- How to Change Your Profile Picture on Facebook
- Connect Fubo TV on Different Devices
- How to See Hidden Friends on Facebook