Applications for the DAAD Scholarship 2024 – 2025 program are currently being accepted from international students from developing countries. Also, the scholarship is available if you want to pursue master’s or PhD at German universities. So, are you an interested candidate? Kindly read this blog to find out how you can apply for the scholarship opportunity.
DAAD Scholarship 2024
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) 2024–2025 is designed to assist students from underdeveloped nations. Numerous students from these developing nations apply for the DAAD scholarship, which allows them to study in a number of German universities.
However, undergraduate students are not eligible for the DAAD award; only postgraduate students are. In order to be eligible for the DAAD scholarship, a student must provide documentation of two years of professional experience. Less than three years and longer than a year are the course lengths that qualify for DAAD scholarship approval.
Besides that, a monthly allowance is provided by the scholarship to assist with daily expenses. It also includes provisions for travel stipends and health allowances.
Benefits of the DAAD Scholarship
The benefits of the DAAD scholarship includes:
- An award of 934 euros per month for graduates or 1,200 euros per month for doctorate candidates are made based on academic standing.
- Benefits to health, accident, and liability insurance
- Allowance for travel, unless the home nation or another funding source pays for these costs
Scholarship recipients may be eligible to earn the following extra advantages in specific situations:
- Rent subsidy each month
- A monthly stipend for family members that accompany
Candidate must meet up with the following requirements to be consider for the DAAD 2024 scholarship in Germany:
- In order to be eligible for this award, a student must have finished a bachelor’s degree program that lasted for less than six years.
- Candidate must also provide documentation of two years of employment.
- Depending on the subject they select, the student does not always need to comprehend German or English.
- Depending on the applied degree, a minimum cumulative 8.5 CGPA or 85% or equivalent is required.
- Applicants hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, typically after four years of study. Besides that, candidates must have worked in their fields for at least two years.
- Candidates will be expected to demonstrate that their motivation is development-related, assume social responsibility, and start and facilitate change processes in both their personal and professional environments.
The successful completion of a study program in Germany is anticipated for those who meet the required standards.
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to successfully apply for the DAAD Scholarship 2024 for Masters and PhD in Germany:
- First, download the application form from the DAAD scholarship website. Provide your information in this form.
- Then, get a Europas Specimen form, which will assist you in creating a customized resume complete with a cover letter and your handwritten signature.
- Make sure you also have a hand-signed motivation letter that outlines your professional background and includes references.
- You also should include a research proposal with your application as the German institutions might ask for one.
- Don’t forget to include a letter of recommendation from your prior college.
- Students can take competency exams in both German and English.
- Among them are IELTS: Depending on the course selected, various universities decide the approval scores. German Language: Students who select courses taught in German will need to take this test. The TOEFL exam isn’t recognized.
- Interested students should apply directly to the institution for degree courses in order to be considered for the DAAD award.
- In addition to the paperwork required for the DAAD scholarship application, you should ascertain what other paperwork you would require to further your education.
- Certain institutions only accept applications submitted online, while others demand that hardcopy applications be sent by postal mail.
There are several ways in which you can directly apply to a course at a German university. After application, a shortlist of qualified applicants from among all admitted candidates, and these individuals will be invited to participate in a video conference interview in January or February.
September 30, 2024
Are DAAD scholarships hard to get?
Definitely not! The requirements for DAAD scholarships in Germany aren’t too hard to fulfill. Applicants must be in their final year of study or have finished a bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible for DAAD support.
German language instruction for up to six months prior to beginning university coursework. Free of charge Master’s or Master ‘s-level program in art or science at a state-approved or public institution in Germany beginning in the winter term of 2024 (September/October 2024) An additional training course that is required LEAD.
Is there an age limit for DAAD?
Not really, age restrictions are typically negligible. Programs where an international partner specifically requests this may have individual exceptions.
Can I stay in Germany after the DAAD scholarship?
Depending on certain conditions, you can be qualified for a settlement permit, which is equivalent to indefinite leave to reside. After eight years, if you fulfill all the conditions which include having a strong command of German, you can seek citizenship.