Billions of active users may turn out to be your prospective customers. As an entrepreneur, Facebook needs to be a part of your master of all social media platforms. Facebook is the most popular among businessmen and women who wish to market their goods and services to people all over the world.
A popular adage says If your ship is not moving, swim out to meet it. Facebook has a plan to take your business to the next level and to effectively promote your brand. To do this, you need a business page on Facebook. This article has put together everything you need to keep your business page up and running.
Meaning of Facebook Business Page
A Facebook business page is an account that serves as an online office. It represents a commercial organization or a brand which can either be public or private. When you create a Business page on Facebook, it helps you reach out to different users online, and you get enough engagement when they like your business brand or services you render.
Uses of the Facebook Business Page
Business pages have lots of uses, below are some of them:
- Reach new audiences.
- Connect with already existing customers.
- Promote events.
- Share contents.
- Share information.
- Post status updates.
- Replying to customers on their inquiries.
- Having personal conversations with followers.
How to Create a Facebook Business Page
Setting up a Facebook page is not as difficult as it sounds, simply follow the following steps:
Create your Page
- To create your page, you will be asked to click on a link.
- Once there, you will be shown two options, business/brand or public figure.
- Click on business/brand and get started.
- Next, enter your page name.
- Enter your page category.
- Enter your business bio which is about 100 characters to give more information about your brand.
- Provide your website.
- Provide your phone number.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your business hours.
- Now, click on next.
Put up your Page Profile Photo
- You may decide to use your business logo as your profile photo.
- You may also choose to use a picture of your goods or service as your profile picture.
- Your picture will usually be in a circular form.
- The best size for your profile photo is 180 x 180 pixels.
Put up Your Cover Photo
- The first thing your page visitor sees when they visit your page is your cover photo.
- For the sake of the above point, choose a cover photo that speaks about the uniqueness of your brand.
- Your cover photo size is 820 x 312 pixels when using a computer.
- Your cover photo size is 640 x 360 pixels when using a mobile device.
Input an Action Button
- An action button is usually at the top of your page.
- It is used to direct your page visitors.
- Under the action button, select the most relevant and click next.
- Now click on save.
Connect your Page to Your WhatsApp
- You can connect your Facebook page to your WhatsApp number to invite them.
- You can do it immediately after you open the page or at another time.
Add Collaborators to Your Page
- Your Facebook page can be done with a team of people called collaborators, for them to do anything, you need to add them and grant them access.
- You must be Facebook friends with anyone you want to make a collaborator.
- The role options you can add are;
Optimize your Facebook Business Page
- Your page can be optimized.
- While on your page, click on the drop-down menu.
- Select edit tabs.
- Proceed to select templates that fit your business.
- Customize the tabs by removing the ones you do not need.
- Customize the tabs in the order of their importance.
- You can also optimize through page insights.
- Here, it allows you to see how many people clicked on your website, CTA button, address, and phone number.
- To find this, go to the” Manage page”.
- From the menu, tap on “Actions on the page”.
Schedule Your Facebook Posts
- Now that you have successfully created your page you may wish to begin promoting it. Sending invitations to your friends to like your page but it’s advisable you schedule your posts before you do so.
- You schedule your post by creating enough content to last you a while.
- Also, ensure you have published at least a few before sending out invitations.
Promote your Page and Pin your Posts
- If you have followed the above steps diligently, then your page is ready for promotion.
- Invite friends to like your page through your WhatsApp that you may have linked to your page.
- Inform your collaborators to send invitations as well.
- You can also send invitations to your friends on Facebook.
- To make a pinned post, find the post you wish to pin.
- tap on the three-dot on the top right of the post.
- click on a pin at the top of the page.
- after pinning it will appear under the pinned post and it will head to your page.
How Do I Attract an Audience to My Facebook Business Page?
- The first step towards attracting audiences to your page is to share the new page with those who are your friends so they can like and follow your page.
- You can also invite people through your other social media accounts like WhatsApp and Instagram.
- Ensure you like and follow other pages and they may be prompted to do the same.
What do I Write in my About section?
- If you wish to write your About section you must first input your information on the About section.
- Enter every necessary information about you like your mission statement, your other social media accounts as well as your website.
- Facebook allows you to write your about using a header image, title, and body text.
What are tips to Know Before Creating my Facebook Page?
- Choose an eye-catching username.
- Ensure you give important details in the About section.
- Give as much basic information as you can in the full description section.
- Use a cover photo that captures attention and makes people want to take a look at your page.
- Choose a profile photo that people can associate with your brand.
- Add your most important apps beneath your cover photo.
- Invite your friends to like your new page through WhatsApp or Facebook.
- All content including photos, videos, and posts must be meaningful and interesting enough to make your visitors come back.
- How to Download a Video from Facebook
- Who Owns Facebook
- How to Tag Someone on Facebook
- How to Make Facebook Private
- Steps to Change Facebook Password