Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms that aid communication with friends and family. This communication is often enhanced by your name on Facebook.
To connect with long-lost friends or family, they must be able to find you and they cannot find you if you have a different name from what you are known making it important that people can find you there.
There are several reasons why you may want to change your Facebook name, for instance. You may have used a nickname initially and wish to change it. Or you may want to add your spouse’s name after your marriage or you may want to add your business brand to your name.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook Using Your Browser/Android
Before you begin to change your name on Facebook, be aware that you cannot undo it until after 60 days so take a good look at the new name and be sure it is worth it before you begin. Follow these methods to change your name.
- Open your Facebook and log into your account.
- Navigate your way to your Facebook news feed.
- Scan your eyes for the arrow with its face down that is just by the right corner.
- Under the arrow is the right account.
- Click on the arrow.
- The arrow, when clicked will show a menu with a series of options.
- From the options given, select and click on settings & privacy.
- It will also lead you to some options.
- Select and click on settings which is the first option.
- Under settings are a series of options.
- Click on general.
- You will be shown your profile with an edit just by the corner.
- Find your name and click on edit just beside it.
- Type your new name into the space given.
- If you do not meet some requirements for a Facebook name you will not be allowed to proceed.
- Check how long the name is.
- Check for unnecessary use of capital letters.
- When you are sure of the name click on review change.
- Input your password and click Save Changes.
Just like that, you have successfully changed your name on Facebook.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook Using an iPhone
You can change your name on FB with your iPhone by following the necessary steps.
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap on the icon with three lines just by the right.
- Click on settings & privacy.
- Proceed to click on settings.
- Then click on personal information.
- Click on “name”.
- Enter the new name you want to change into.
- Click on review change.
- Double-check the name because if you end up not liking it, you cannot change it until after 60 days.
- If you are sure then click on Save change.
You have successfully changed your name on Facebook with your iPhone.
What is Facebook Policy when it comes to Name Change?
Facebook has some policies for name-changing, below are some of them
- Facebook wants you to use your original name in case you lose your account, it becomes easy to recover it.
- Your Facebook name should not include symbols.
- Your Facebook name should not include titles of any kind.
- Your Facebook name should not include phrases.
- Your Facebook name should not include anything offensive.
Can I also Change the Name of my Facebook Page?
Yes, you can, but you have to be an admin before you can do that. Also, the page must have at least 200 likes. Once you meet these Facebook requirements, you can change your Facebook name.
How Often Can I Change My Facebook Name?
You can change your name every 60 days. If you try to change your name before the completion of 60 days, Facebook will deny your request.
What Names Are Accepted on Facebook?
Your Facebook name should be a name that you are regularly called in your day-to-day life, if you want to use a nickname it is possible.
- How to Contact Facebook
- How to Delete Facebook Account
- Delete a Picture on Facebook from Your Desktop or Mobile Device
- How to Download Photos on Facebook
- How to Change Your Profile Picture on Facebook