Facebook is a social media outlet for making friends, sharing photos, and joining interest groups which are usually very interesting. Still, some people enjoy much more than the fun on Facebook. They shop on the Facebook marketplace from the comfort of their homes.
The marketplace on Facebook is a shopping mall where users buy and sell. It is an online space that makes shopping easy because you can find both used and new items to buy from this online shopping space at an affordable price.
With Facebook Marketplace, you can see their Facebook profile, mutual friends, and seller ratings, so you can quickly feel less anxious with every purchase. This article will teach you how to buy from Facebook Marketplace.
How to Buy on Facebook Marketplace
You must discover the items to buy anything from Facebook Marketplace. It allows you to browse through products and view them available for purchase. Follow the following steps to buy from Facebook Marketplace.
- Log into your Facebook account on your device.
- Click on the icon that takes you to your profile.
- There are so many icons on your profile; click on the Marketplace icon or click on Shop. If you don’t see any of this, click See More.
- You can go directly to a product page by clicking a product.
- You can also tap the name of a shop to see all the products ready for buying.
- Some product pages will direct you to view their products on their website; what this means is that you can only complete your purchase on the Shop’s website.
- When you arrive on a website or Shop, choose your desired product.
- Below it is a box that says, “Send seller a message.”
- A custom message is already there asking, “Is this still available?
- You can send that message or edit the previous one and use your own words.
- Immediately you hit send; you are already chatting with the person selling.
- Once they reply, you can begin to discuss business with the seller of the product you want.
- As soon as you indicate interest in an available product, you can make payments. At this point, you have placed an order.
Can I Avoid Being Scammed on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook is a reputable marketplace where genuine sellers do business, but there have been cases of shady sellers who are out to defraud buyers. To avoid any issue of being tricked, follow these tips below Electronically Pay for All Purchase.
It is best to pay with your card for all purchases because it is pretty secure and can be traced in case of fraud. You can always present proof of payments through receipts and debit alerts. Since there are no in-built means of making payments, you have to make arrangements with sellers directly and ensure your payment standards are traceable in case of payment denial.
Stay Away from Long Distance Purchase
Facebook will only connect you to sellers close to you; they would usually connect potential buyers and sellers within the same environment. If you buy from someone miles away from you, they may alter your delivery or cancel the payment while they are supposed to deliver your goods to you. You should buy from someone you can always trace if things go wrong.
Go Through the Seller’s Profile Page and Timeline
Investigate the seller before patronizing them. When you click on an item you wish to buy, Facebook lets you know your seller; you only have to click on “seller information.”
Also, please find out the necessary information, like where they are located; it must not be too far from you as earlier established; find out how long they have been on Facebook. If they recently joined, it is pretty risky; to find out if they have very few friends, which could be a red flag.
Another red flag is if they have multiple accounts, search their name on Facebook; if you notice more than one profile using the same name and photo, you must be careful.
Then finally, find out if you have mutual friends, as this can also help avoid unnecessary shady actions as you have whom to trace them to. This background check is essential for online shopping.
What do I do if I Confirm I Have Been Scammed on Facebook Marketplace?
If you suspect you have become a victim of scammers, quickly report them to Facebook by clicking “report” below the seller’s information, following the on-screen instructions.
Also, consider filling a report with the security system like the police force; they may not follow up on the case as you desire, but they will help to register scams that can help end such unhealthy fraud trends.
What do You do if You Buy Something on Facebook and it Never Arrives?
Refrain from panicking if you have a delay in receiving your item, be aware that you have to wait two days after the last date of estimated delivery before making a complaint.
How Long Does It Take to Process an Order on Facebook Marketplace?
Usually, the buyer receives all orders placed on Facebook Marketplace within ten working days. If it takes more than usual, the buyer can send a direct message to the seller expressing concerns.
What is The Best Payment Method for Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace does not encourage cash payment as this is very risky. The recommended payment method is PayPal, which is more secure and approved by Facebook Marketplace.
- How to Delete a Picture on Facebook from Your Desktop or Mobile Device
- How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
- Change Your Profile Picture on Facebook
- How to See Hidden Friends on Facebook
- How to Login to Your DeltaMath Student or Teacher Account