Losing your ATM card can be stressful, but blocking it quickly can prevent unauthorized access to your bank account. Find out everything you need to know about how to block Zenith Bank ATM cards in Nigeria as soon as possible to ensure you get it right the first time you try to block your Zenith Bank ATM card.
If your Zenith Bank ATM Card is lost or stolen, you can block it by dialing the code *966*60# and selecting option 6. Or by using the Zenith Bank mobile app or calling Zenith Bank customer service at 234(1) 4647000, 2787000, 2927000. Or 0700-ATM-ZENITH, 0700-286-936484, or 0700-CARD-ZENITH.
All transfer or debit transactions on your Zenith Bank Card will be restricted once you block it. As a result, no one will be able to withdraw money or make payments with that ATM Card.
Why Should You Block Your Zenith Bank ATM Card?
If you have misplaced your ATM card or suspect it has been stolen, you must block it. This action ensures that no one else can withdraw your hard-earned money using your card. Zenith Bank provides multiple channels for blocking your card, making it a simple process.
Some other primary reasons include;
- When a third party obtains access to your credit card.
- If you discover unauthorized transactions on your account.
- When you enter your credit card information on a phishing website.
These are all valid reasons to block your ATM card in order to avoid fraud and unauthorized transactions.
How to Block Zenith Bank ATM Card using Zenith Mobile App
You can also use the Zenith Bank mobile app to block your Zenith Bank ATM card. This app has a user-friendly interface that allows users to navigate through it without difficulty.
Follow these steps to block your ATM card using the Zenith Bank mobile app:
- Install the app from your preferred Play Store.
- Sign in with your information.
- If you already have the app on your phone, you can skip to the next step.
- Start your app.
- Select the menu icon.
- Choose Cards.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions to deactivate your ATM card.
How to Block a Zenith Bank ATM Card Using USSD Code
If you want to block your ATM card with the Zenith Bank code, follow the steps below.
- Go to your phone call log.
- Enter *966*60# and
- Then choose option 6.
- Your ATM card will be suspended immediately.
How to Block Zenith Bank ATM Card Using Online Banking
Another option for blocking your Zenith ATM card is to use online or internet banking. Follow the steps below to accomplish this.
- Go to the Zenith Bank’s official website at zenithbank.com.
- Log in using your bank account information.
- Select Cards from the drop-down menu.
- In a few minutes, follow the instructions on the screen to block your Zenith Bank ATM card.
How to Block Zenith Bank ATM using Customer Service Line
If you do not want to use any of the previously mentioned methods, you can contact Zenith Bank via its customer service line.
- 234(1) 4647000, 2787000, 2927000, or 0700-ATM-ZENITH,
- 0700-286-936484 or 0700-CARD-ZENITH (highly recommended) ATM Unit
- 0700-2273-936484, Fax: 234(1) 2618212, CARD Unit
- If you are concerned about the security of your account, you should change your PIN and review your recent transactions after you have blocked your card.
- Keep your card information, including the card number and PIN, secure at all times. Remember your PIN and don’t share it with anyone.
- Check your account statements on a regular basis for any unauthorized transactions. Any suspicious activity should be reported to the bank right away.
- If you find your card after blocking it, you must contact Zenith Bank again to have it unblocked.
Losing your ATM card can be a stressful experience, but blocking it as soon as possible is critical to protecting your finances.
Zenith Bank offers a simple procedure for blocking your ATM card, and by following the steps outlined in this guide, you can ensure the security of your funds and request a replacement card quickly.
To avoid future problems with your bank account, always keep your card and personal information secure.
What happens after I request a card block?
The customer service representative will walk you through the process and confirm the block after you request it.
Once the block has been successfully implemented, your ATM card will no longer be usable for transactions.
Can I unblock my card later if I find it?
If you find your card after blocking it, you must contact Zenith Bank again to request that it be unblocked. They will walk you through the steps required to reactivate the card.
How long does it take to disable an ATM card?
The time it takes to block your ATM card varies, but it is usually done quickly in order to prevent unauthorized transactions. Customer service will walk you through the steps.
Will I be charged for blocking my credit card?
Zenith Bank may not charge you to have your card blocked. It is best to check with the bank about any applicable fees.