Facebook is a great place to meet interesting people, watch creative content and also post creative content. But the downside is that you get to meet some persons that can make your time on Facebook quite provoking this is because they irritate you, bug you, and sometimes stalk you.
Some persons send you friend requests on Facebook and then begin to call you on video calls to show you sensitive parts of their body, others try to force you into investments you are very sure in your guts are fake.
The list goes on and on, and these people make your time on Facebook provoking and border some. Whatever your reason may be, if blocking them makes you feel better, by all means, please do.
Facebook makes it possible to rid yourself of someone bothering you, you can just use the block feature. Keep in mind that when you block them, they will not be able to see the things you post on your timeline, they also cannot message you.
This article will show you how to block someone through your browser, Facebook app, or Messenger.
How to Block Someone on a Desktop Browser
The quickest way to block someone from a browser is:
- Navigate your way to the person’s profile.
- Click on the three dots icon just below their photo.
- Options will be open for you to choose from.
- Select and click on the last option which is “block”.
- Once you click on the but option, you have successfully blocked the person.
How to Block Someone on Facebook App
The Quickest way to block someone from your Facebook App is:
- Navigate your way to the person’s profile page.
- Select the three-dots icon that is just beside the messenger icon.
- From the options shown to you, select “block”.
- Click on “block” and you would have successfully blocked the person.
How to Block Someone on a Mobile Browser
The quickest way to block someone from your mobile browser is:
- Navigate your way to the person’s profile page.
- Click on the three-dot icon just beside the message option.
- From the options given click on” block”.
- Which leads you to a page.
- Click on “block” again.
- You have successfully blocked the person.
How to Block Someone on Facebook Messenger
The quickest way to block someone from your Facebook messenger is:
- Navigate your way to your chats.
- Open the chat you have with the person you want to block.
- Click on the “I” icon just by the corner of the screen.
- A variety of options will be opened up to you.
- Click on privacy settings.
- Find the block option and click on it.
- You will be directed to choose if the blocking covers messages, calls, or the Facebook profile.
- Once you choose, then you have successfully blocked the person.
What to Expect After You Successfully Blocked a Person on Facebook
When you block someone’s profile on Facebook, be aware that they won’t be able to:
- Add you as a friend on Facebook anymore.
- Tag you in their subsequent posts and comments.
- Chat with you.
- Send you invitations.
- See your posts, comments, or stories.
What to Expect After You Successfully Blocked a Person on Messenger
When you block someone on Messenger, be aware that:
- Your chats will disappear.
- You will stop getting notifications about them.
- The blocked user can’t see your activities.
- They will stop getting notifications about you.
- You will still see their profile on Facebook.
Can I See the People I Have Blocked on Facebook?
Yes, you can. Seeing the list of people, you have blocked is quite straightforward either through a desktop browser, mobile browser, messenger, or mobile app, here are the steps to follow:
Blocked list on a desktop browser:
- Navigate your way to your homepage.
- Click on the arrow by the right of your screen.
- Select and click settings & privacy.
- From the dropdown menu click settings.
- Select and click blocking.
- From the options go to blocked users.
- Click on edit just beside blocked users.
- You will be shown the list of persons you have blocked.
Blocked list on the Mobile App
- Navigate your way to “settings”.
- Click on the icon close to the search button.
- This takes you to settings & privacy.
- Scroll down to audience and visibility.
- Below is the option “blocking”.
- Click “blocking” and you will see the list of people you have blocked.
What can I see after blocking a profile?
Here is a list of what you will see after successfully blocking a person on Facebook:
- Your mutual friends can add you to a group chat with the blocked person.
- If the blocked person tagged a mutual friend in a post, you can see the post.
What does someone see when you block them?
When you successfully block a person, they cannot see your comments, photos, statutes, and updates. If they search for you, they won’t see your profile.
Does someone know when you have blocked them on Facebook?
Not necessarily so. The blocked user usually doesn’t receive any notifications, but they can decide to find out if you blocked them after realizing they no longer see your posts.
- How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
- How to Contact Facebook
- Change Your Name on Facebook
- How to Delete Facebook Account
- How to Report Someone on Facebook Marketplace | Seller & Buyer