Is your ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red? ADT is a widely used security brand that helps you to keep your home secure. This ADT security system has secured millions of homes over the years.
Moreover, supposing your ADT doorbell camera is blinking red implies that something is not right and needed to be addressed promptly. It may occur as a result of the battery running low or if your doorbell has lost internet connection.
ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red
The ADT Video Doorbell has night vision which enables you to see visitors better in low light and a 180° wide view of your yard beyond your front porch. When someone enters your house, the camera’s sensor will warn your smartphone through text message. You will be able to see and speak with everyone that knocks on your door, even if you’re not home.
Nevertheless, the ADT doorbell camera displays two lights sending different signals, the green light is different from the red light. So, whenever the ADT camera is blinking red it implies the camera WPS is active. With that in mind, we will consider some steps to restore the doorbell to active service if your ADT camera is blinking red.
How to fix ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red
The following are various methods to follow to finally fix the ADT camera if it is blinking red and restore the service.
1st Method: Check for Battery Status
Over the years now, ADT has improved the functionality of its products, by offering effective software systems for various home security solutions. You can access ADT doorbell camera controls and information using the Pulse app to set up the system.
So, with the Pulse app, you can check for battery status and other information regarding your system control.
Follow the steps to check for Battery Status:
- First, download the Pulse app and set up the system
- To check the system battery life, launch the app.
- Then, navigate to the system display panel.
- Here you can see your battery status showing:
Blue: which indicates power is on and network connection is available.
Red: indicates that the battery is running low or the network has disconnected.
Green: indicates a firmware update is being performed.
Meanwhile, it takes up to 24 hours for your ADT battery to fully charge. On the other hand, it takes the battery roughly 6 to 8 hours to fully charge. So, your ADT doorbell camera is showing red means you will need to charge it to work perfectly.
Steps to Charge ADT Doorbell Camera Battery
The following are steps to get your ADT doorbell camera fully charged. Yet, before you can recharge the battery, you do not need to unplug the ADT doorbell from it.
The steps are as follows:
- First, remove the battery pack from the bell by pressing the ADT doorbell camera tab button on the doorbell mounting bracket.
- Then, slide the doorbell upward to remove the mounting bracket.
- Have the ADT battery charge micro-USD charge plug to the battery charging port.
- Once done, wait for about 6-8 hours to fully charge the ADT battery.
- A strong green light will be displayed on the battery to indicate that the battery has been fully charged.
- Finally, insert the battery and then pack it downward here on the doorbell mounting bracket until it key into place.
The red blinking indicator on the ADT doorbell camera automatically stops after you have finished the steps above.
2nd Method: Replace the ADT Doorbell Camera Battery
You may have to replace or change the battery if the ADT doorbell blinking red light persists after being charged. Purchasing a genuine ADT doorbell camera on Amazon Prime can save you time and cash.
Furthermore, to avoid a false alert, you should switch your ADT doorbell camera into test mode before changing the battery.
To replace the ADT battery, follow these steps:
- Use the key that is located at the upper left of the doorbell panel to unlock the ADT system panel.
- Remove the wire connecting the ADT doorbell camera panel and battery, to disconnect.
- Replace the old battery with the new ADT Battery you purchased from your neighborhood retailer or through the above-mentioned website.
- After that, replace the wiring for the ADT doorbell camera accordingly. Make sure the black wire is linked to the battery’s black and the red is linked to the battery’s red wire.
- After fully charging the battery, close the battery panel. Before plugging it into the ADT doorbell, this could take up to 24 hours.
- However, if the battery is fully charged, the ADT may continue blinking red for a few days before it stops.
After you have successfully taken out the old battery and replaced it with the new one, be sure to activate the alarm mode and switch off the test mode.
3rd Method: Reset the ADT Doorbell Camera
Consider restarting the ADT doorbell camera if it continues blinking the red light. After trying to recharge or replace the ADT battery.
Below are the simple steps to how you can factory reset your ADT doorbell camera to fix the red blinking on your device.
They are as follows:
- Locate the small button near the power charging port on the camera.
- Then, press and hold the ADT doorbell reset button for about 10 seconds.
- After that, wait for about 1 to 2 minutes for the ADT doorbell to restart and finish the reset process.
- You can reset your ADT doorbell camera whether wired or wireless with this process.
4th Mention: Create a Stable Internet Connection
The solution to unstable internet access is surprisingly straightforward. If your ADT camera is still blinking as a result of this usually concerns problems with internet connectivity.
Here are the steps to resolve them now:
- First, ensure to verify your WI-FI connectivity.
- The next step is to identify any issues with the router. Assess the internet connectivity after making sure everything is in working order.
- Of course! There’s a potential that the connectivity is stable, but the quality of the connection might not have been the finest. At minimum 90% of the signal must be present.
- The ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red also needs a minimum upload speed of 2 Mbps from the source to work effectively.
- Run an online test to find out the network speed. Once you detect the problem, the red light will go, and the blue light will come back.
- The ADT doorbell camera will start working properly once the internet connectivity issue has been fixed.
ADT doorbell camera is one of the most widely used brands to secure your home. However, once you get a new ADT doorbell camera you have to understand how it works. The above has discussed what you need to know about ADT blinking red lights, what they signify, and how to solve them.
Why is my Doorbell Camera Not Charging?
Examine the USB cable and charger for damage. Swap the cable for another one to check for any potential shortages. If the battery is detachable, make sure it is securely slid into position. If your battery isn’t detachable, you might need to replace the whole Ring Doorbell or the battery.
Is there a Battery In the ADT Doorbell Camera?
The ADT Video Doorbell Camera can be utilized with a rechargeable battery pack or tethered to an existing doorbell. The battery-powered alternative has a rechargeable battery that, under typical use, can operate for up to three months before needing to be recharged.
How Long Do Doorbell Camera Batteries Last?
Depending on how much activity your video doorbell is recording, Ring estimates that the battery should last anywhere between 6 and 12 months on a single charge.
ALSO CHECK THESE OUT:
- How to Boost Wi-Fi Signal on PC
- How to Protect your Mac from Viruses and Hackers
- How to Get a Static IP Address
- How to Download a Streaming Video