The Facebook page usually needs a management and administrative team to keep it running efficiently. Running a Facebook page alone is usually very difficult and risky.
Thankfully, Facebook allows you to add persons who can access your page and help with administration functions and keep things in check.
The best part about this, is, Facebook doesn’t give you restrictions on the number of persons who can be added as admin to a page.
You give them permission on your page which makes them able to do anything you can do on the page they can also add and remove people but you can remove them after you have added them if things do not go as planned.
This is quite convenient because as a business owner, you might not be able to respond to the questions of customers or post all content on your own therefore the need to have an admin on your Facebook page.
In this article, you will learn how to add an admin to your page with just a few steps that can be completed effortlessly, keep scrolling.
Adding Admin from Your Mobile App
You can add an admin on your Facebook page, by following the steps below:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device, Android, iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate your way to your Facebook page.
- From the Facebook page, click on settings.
- Below settings are other options, click on page roles.
- Add your new admin under “Assign a new page role”.
- Enter the name of the person you want to add as an admin.
- You can use their email address if that doesn’t work out.
- Select the person from the list of names that appears.
- There are several roles you can assign, the default is editor, you can click on editor and scroll for other options, then click admin
- Proceed to click add.
- You will be asked to input your password to confirm the changes.
- Click save to make the changes and you have successfully added an admin to your Facebook page.
- Bear in mind, if you are not Facebook friends, they have to accept your invitation first.
- The new admin will receive a notification while that is ongoing, the role will be pending.
- Once accepted, the role would have been accepted and work begins.
Adding Admin from Your PC
Adding an admin using a pc is quite straightforward, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Facebook account using facebook.com.
- Navigate to your Facebook page.
- Click on settings.
- Check the sidebar of the page opened to you.
- Click on page roles.
- To add, type in the person’s name in the space provided.
- Click on the editor icon and scroll to select “administrator”.
- Click on “add” to conclude.
Admin Roles and Responsibilities
It is important to know the responsibilities of the admin roles so you can know who to fit into them. There are six different page roles and their responsibilities are below:
Admin: This role gives the user full access to the Facebook page, the admin can add or remove other admins, create posts, respond to comments and messages as well as delete comments and messages.
Editor: This role has limited control but has a lot of editing and publishing responsibility, editors can create posts, edit, delete, and publish as well.
Moderator: Moderators have very limited access to the Facebook page, they do not edit or create posts but mostly manage comments, they can also respond to comments and delete comments.
Advertisers: Advertisers are permitted to create ads, publish them as well as give reports on their performance on the page. Advertisers have no other access to the page activities.
Analyst: Analysts are responsible for solely viewing and analyzing insights. They have little or no access and are restricted from creating posts, publishing them, and accessing comments.
Developer: Developers are responsible for creating apps and managing them for the page.
How do I Remove an Admin from my Facebook Page
There are so many reasons why you may need to remove an admin from your page at any time, below are the steps to follow:
- Navigate to your Facebook page.
- Click on settings.
- Select and click on page roles.
- Scroll to find the person you wish to remove.
- Beside the person’s name is “Edit”.
- Click on it and select remove.
- You may need to enter your Facebook login again before you confirm the removal.
Be aware, the admin you wish to remove will receive a notification from Facebook, so ensure to communicate your plans.
Why Can’t I Add Someone as Admin on my Facebook Page?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to add someone as an admin on your Facebook page, below are some of them:
- The Facebook user is not your friend on Facebook.
- The Facebook user has never liked your Facebook page.
- The Facebook user is not on Facebook.
- The Facebook user has not accepted your admin Invitation thus, it is still pending.
What differentiates an admin from the page owner?
The Facebook page owner is the person who created the Facebook page, the page name, and the domain.
He or she is referred to as the page owner. The page owner is the only one who can update the page or edit them.
Meanwhile, the admin is added by the page owner and can also be removed by the page owner. The admin’s job is to add or remove other admins, upload posts, and reply to comments.
Can I see who the admins are on my Facebook Page?
Yes, you can. All you have to do is navigate to the settings tab on your page and find the page roles. you can read about each admin and their roles. All role information is editable and visible to you because you are the page owner.