It is preferable to complete an idea and start the following on a new page if You don’t want your document to be just one continuous block of text when editing on Google Docs.
Read this article to learn how to add a page to a Google Doc on several platforms before you start abusing your Enter key.
How to Add a Page in Google Docs
You must first insert a new page before you can proceed. However, upon closer inspection, none of the menus offer such a choice. There are three ways to do this on a PC: using the “Insert” menu, keyboard shortcuts, and formatting paragraphs.
Using the Insert Menu
Adhere to the procedures provided below to add a new page to Google Docs on your PC:
- Open the document to which you wish to add a page on the Google Docs website.
- Go to “Section,” after which the new page should be inserted.
- Hover your cursor at the end of the text.
- On the top menu bar, you will see the “Insert” tab; click on it.
- Use the downward-pointing arrow button in the top-right corner of the screen if you can’t see the menu bar.
- Select “Page break” from the dropdown menu’s “Break” option.
- Choosing this option will insert a new page.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
You can also use keyboard commands to add a new page to your Google Doc. The steps for Windows are as follows:
- Hover your cursor at the end of the part. After that, you want to insert the new page.
- Hold down the “Ctrl” button.
- While holding Ctrl, press “Enter.”
If you are using Mac, follow the steps below:
- Place the cursor at the end of the section where a new page will be added.
- Hold down the Command key on your keyboard.
- To enter a page break, hit Enter.
The third approach is to add a page break before a paragraph to create a new page.
- To pick a paragraph, click on it.
- Under the menu bar, look for the “Format” option.
- Choose “Line & Paragraph spacing” from the menu.
- It will display “Add a page break before” at the bottom.
- If you choose this option, your paragraph and everything that follows will be moved to a new page.
This approach can also add a blank page at the start of your document.
How to Add a Page to a Google Doc On an iPhone
With your iPhone, you may also add a new page to your document. Please follow the instruction below carefully to do so.
- Open the document you wish to edit in the Google Documents iOS app.
- To modify, click the blue pencil icon.
- Place your cursor wherever you want to put the new page.
- To access the “Insert” option, tap the “+” symbol in the top toolbar.
- To find “Page break,” scroll down in the popup window.
- When you place a page break, the document will mention “page break” instead of displaying the empty page in the mobile view.
Selecting Print Layout from the three-dot menu lets you see how your work will appear on a desktop.
How to Add a Page to a Google Docs On an Android
You can add a page to your Google Doc Using an Android, follow the steps while on the go:
- Open your document first, then the Google Documents Android app.
- To start editing, click the blue pencil button in the corner.
- Place your cursor where you wish to insert a new page.
- At the top toolbar, look for the “+” button.
- Choose “Page break” from the menu.
The application will add a new page, but all you’ll see in your document is a “page break.” Enable Print Layout in the three-dot menu to view the newly added page.
Can you have Two Pages on Google Docs?
On the right, select Pages per sheet from the dropdown option. Print two pages per sheet from the dropdown menu’s list of possible alternatives. By doing this, the preview will be updated to reflect how the document would appear when printed on two pages per sheet.
How Do I Add a Page 1 to 2 in Google Docs?
Here are the steps to take:
- Open a Google Doc.
- Click Insert Page number in the upper left corner. More choices.
- Choose the area you want to apply the page number change under “Apply to.” Tip: Include a section break if you can’t find this option. Discover how to insert a section break.
- Tap Apply.
How Long are 2 Pages on Google Docs?
1,000 words. One thousand words can fit on two pages, using regular margins and single spacing. The same number of words will take four pages if you double the spacing.
How Do You Move Pages in Google Docs?
You can reorder pages in Google Documents by copying and pasting them into a new document in the desired order. The pages can be copied and pasted into a new document in your desired sequence. Then, give the new document a new name and remove the old one.
How Do I Add a Page in Google Sheets?
A different option is to click Insert and choose a new sheet from the dropdown menu to add a new sheet.