Customers of Access Bank no longer have to walk to the bank to conduct certain transactions. For transactions, the bank has provided Debit, Credit, and Prepaid cards. It is very convenient to make an online payment using an access bank ATM.
With Access Bank Cards, you can:
- Pay for any type of purchase quickly and easily
- Improve your money management through transaction history and balances
- Identify potential fraudulent activity on your card via visa purchase alerts. You can customize notifications to meet your specific requirements. Among these are: – International purchases, transactions made over the phone or the Internet, and purchase amount limits.
Okay, let’s get to the steps on how you can activate your Access Bank ATM card after you have filled out the application form to get one.
How to Activate Your Access Bank ATM Card
First, the card must apply for an ATM card online or visit the closest Access bank to you. Simply follow these steps:
1. Request your ATM card from the nearest access bank branch. The card will be mailed to you. You will also be given a temporary PIN number in a separate document.
2. Check to make sure the card you received is exactly what you ordered or requested. Examine the expiry date. If the deadline is approaching, contact your bank right away. Sign the card on the back. If this is a replacement debit or credit card, or a temporary card, the previous card should be discarded. This protects your identity and information.
Then Activate Your ATM Card
There are several approaches to this:
- Go to an access bank branch and use an automated teller machine. Insert your card, enter your PIN, and follow the on-screen instructions. Your card will be activated automatically.
- You can also contact the support service. Call Access Bank customer service at 01 280 2500 and provide all of the required information, which could be your bank details or your card’s security code.
- Go to your online account and look for the activation button.
- Go to any access bank branch and request that your card be activated.
- You could also buy something to activate your card. Make a purchase with your card in a store or online.
Any of these methods will activate your card. Simply choose the one that is most convenient for you.
Different Types of Access Bank ATM Card
Access Bank offers a wide range of card products to suit a wide range of demographics. They currently offer cards suitable for both individual and corporate customers through various card schemes.
This makes it possible for the account holder to make payments directly from the account. It is solely for local transactions.
Access Bank Prepaid Cards
This is a reloadable multi-currency payment card that can be used for transactions across multiple channels. The card is available in four different currencies: Nigerian Naira, US Dollars, Euros, and British Pounds. This card is accepted worldwide.
Visa Credit Card from Access Bank
This is a dual-currency payment card that allows the holder to spend and make local transactions in Naira while billing and paying for international transactions in US dollars.
The Classic service is available on Java-enabled phones and Smartphones (including the iPhone and Android,). On the Classic service, you can perform the following transactions;
- Inter-bank and intra-bank fund transfers.
- Bill Paying.
- Purchase of Phone Airtime.
- Balance check.
Access Bank Cards have multi-channel usage functionality, allowing the holder to make transactions at POS terminals, ATMs, and online anywhere in the world
From a debit, credit, or prepaid card. There are a variety of card types to suit each customer’s needs, including Visa, MasterCard, and Verve. With the Access Bank debit card, there is no need to pay an ATM fee.
You have free ATM coverage all over the country. In addition, Access Bank reimburses all ATM fees charged by other banks. So, you can stop worrying about finding another ATM or paying fees.
How do I modify my PIN?
Typically, you can change your PIN at an Access Bank ATM. Look for the “PIN Change” option in the menu and follow the on-screen instructions. You may also be able to change it by using online banking or going to a branch.
What if I forget my PIN?
Contact Access Bank’s customer service immediately if you forget your PIN or suspect it has been compromised. They will walk you through the process of changing or resetting your PIN.
Is there a fee for activating the card?
Typically, there is no charge to activate your Access Bank ATM card. However, for the most up-to-date fee information, check with your local branch or the bank’s official website.